THR Hardball'r intake

Shocker98GT

Reaction score
Boomer! said:
Shocker98GT, I agree with what your saying about the plastic intake. My advice was calculated to be the maximum out of what he showed as a package combo.

I would love to see a aftermarket composite intake, it undoubtedly would be king, much easier to modify for molding and cheaper to manufacture. You could have several intake designs for half the cost as the aluminum presenting a wider range of performance level parts from mild to wild. I have worked several plastic P.I intakes trying to alter them, cutting them open and sealing/ epoxying them together took to much effort to be worth the gains. I once sais I would design a aluminum intake but gave up, unless your in China the material is not worth the cost of design....LOL

It has it's place, it's just that I feel in our little corner of the market the benefits of aluminum intakes boil down mainly to the ability to port them and potentially smoother airflow if you get something like a Bullitt intake with the twin-blade throttle body, but that is only realized via forced induction.

F.A.S.T. is already on the fast track to producing a 3V intake manifold, as well as many others, and the 3V was released in 04, our motor has been the same since 99 and not a bit of effort has been put forth from many manufacturers that you'd expect it from. That's what gets me. Noone has really even jumped on the 4V market and they're well known for having lazy intakes that can be improved on quite a bit.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Boomer! said:
Aluminum will blow just the same as plastic, nitrous is all in the tune. 200 is a huge shot on a 281 C.I motor, good luck :noes: . Make that kit as fail safe as possible, most only make it to 150 shot. I would love to see the dyno numbers put down with a 200 shot, surely it will be awsome.

LS2 Killer over on Corral was running a 200 shot and N/A he was @ 330rwhp and on the juice he was @550 rwhp that was until his Bullitt Intake exploded from a back fire :)

Boomer!

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Boomer! said:
Aluminum will blow just the same as plastic, nitrous is all in the tune. 200 is a huge shot on a 281 C.I motor, good luck :noes: . Make that kit as fail safe as possible, most only make it to 150 shot. I would love to see the dyno numbers put down with a 200 shot, surely it will be awsome.

LS2 Killer over on Corral was running a 200 shot and N/A he was @ 330rwhp and on the juice he was @550 rwhp that was until his Bullitt Intake exploded from a back fire :)

I have seen a few do that, if the car is tuned well it will handle it, but for how long ? There is just not enough C.I for those ammounts of nitrous IMHO, to each there own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online