Throttle Body SVE vs SR Performance

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by AJCrader, Mar 11, 2014.

1. AJCrader

AJCrader Member

Has anyone used or compared either of these?

Thinking that since I can't seem to find anything high quality and reasonably priced used...I'd see what others have experienced with either or both of these 70mm or 75mm

Thanks in advance!

2. Shifty Powers

Shifty Powers Well-Known Member

SR isnt bad. but BBK may be a better bet

3. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

SR and SVE are like Cosco's Kirkland line.. Its an in house thing.. BBK would be better.

4. AJCrader

AJCrader Member

But the bbk is still more than I want to spend now, as once the 4.6 blows or goes I will be putting a 460 in it and running super street so all the 4.6 stuff will be useless

5. Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer Active Member

High quality is what it is.......high quality, and it doesn't come cheap. The biggest mistake, I see people make when modifying these cars is substituting cheap quality parts for high end ones, and expecting the same results. If you don't have the money, continue to save, don't throw away your hard earned money on parts because it's cheap. That's the worst excuse for anyone to say when modifying these cars.....I bought it because it was cheap.

6. 1bad9d5

1bad9d5 Well-Known Member

yea I agree... save up a little longer and get the BBK 70mm... i did it... loved mine

7. AJCrader

AJCrader Member

I can do the bbk, but I am using the car to bracket race for now until the motor goes, but want to make it more fun for the time being, without spending too much so I can start saving for a 600hp 460 build...

8. Michael Plummer

I'm not sure how much of a difference a throttle body is going to make, so saving your money for the new motor is a better place to apply it. Remember bracket racing is about being consistent and not about being faster.

9. AJCrader

AJCrader Member

Trust me I know, but the car has 125k+ on it stock, and consistency comes from knowing the car, it was unmolested when I got it, but I don't really know it yet...I would like to be chasing people down, rather than being chased, and with the sportsman class I am in, can't go faster than 12.00..so I am about middle of the road...Just trying to better my situation in the class I am in is all...I know I can leave it as is and be fine once I get more seat time, but I'd still rather go a bit faster to chase more

10. Michael Plummer

Are you saying you know a throttle body won't give you any noticeable HP increases and if it does, it's going to be small. If that's the case, you won't be running anyone down with a throttle body change. Bottom line do whatever you like, I have no idea what I'm talking about anyways.

Good luck
    Michael Plummer

11. AJCrader

AJCrader Member

My bad for not clarifying, I meant I know bracket racing is about consistency...I'm just trying to build a combo on a budget to go mid-low 12s...I know you know what you are talking about, but at the same time, I want to stay away from power adders, just not what I want on a bracket car...I plan to strip the car quite heavily on weight too which will help...

I asked the question to see if it'd at all be worth trying to get a TB/plenum combo as I know that there is a lot of restriction on these motors, and this would aid in freeing some of that up...if you have anything that would help me in my quest and keep me budget minded, please let me know!?