Throttle Response

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
Seems like when I hit the gas its slow return to idle. Could this be a week spring somewhere? I'm new to fuel injection.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it could be a bunch of stuff. What has all been done to the car and what have you already done/checked?

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
it could be a bunch of stuff. What has all been done to the car and what have you already done/checked?
I just bought the car, only things I know is it has a chip with a little dial on it. If I accelerate and shift fast it's almost as though I haven't let off the gas so it's a little scary. I just noticed it tonight. The chip has 3 settings stock, performance and race which is 93octane. Ecs chip I believe it's called bama tuning I think

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
Been doing a lot of reading and a lot of people are saying to change the ECT and ACT sensor.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s either a vacuum leak or bad IAC valve. I’ve had the same issue before and it was my iac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where you read the other stuff but vacuum and iac are very common on our mustangs for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just bought the car, only things I know is it has a chip with a little dial on it. If I accelerate and shift fast it's almost as though I haven't let off the gas so it's a little scary. I just noticed it tonight. The chip has 3 settings stock, performance and race which is 93octane. Ecs chip I believe it's called bama tuning I think

So there isn't any parts under the hood that has been swapped other than a cold air intake more than likely? Bama chips have been known to suck, I know because I had one and it was horrible no matter what setting it was on. I would start simple, check for vac leaks but before you get too far into I would address that tune by either a dyno session or a new tune from a respectable tuner.

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
I replaced the iac yesterday, left the battery disconnected while I replaced but it still surged upon startup for about 30 seconds. I don't have the money for a Dyno run right now, as I'm out of work.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
If the MAF and injectors are stock I'd remove the chip. Chances are it's not really helping anyway.

How slow is slow? I don't know how the pushrod are, but the mod motors are kinda slow to return to idle. Has to do with emissions I believe.

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
If the MAF and injectors are stock I'd remove the chip. Chances are it's not really helping anyway.

How slow is slow? I don't know how the pushrod are, but the mod motors are kinda slow to return to idle. Has to do with emissions I believe.
I'm kind of getting used to it now it must not be that bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online