Throttle spacers

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all can anyone please tell me do throttle spacers and plenum spacers actually work?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Apart from that I take it they don’t do anything else to help throttle response of increase power?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They lengthen the runners a bit which I am sure blak or one of the others can comment on how that changes things but the biggest difference from what I understand is in air temps the motor sees. With that being said most of us get them to help clear tall valve covers.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Cheers mate thanks for the information

All I have to do now is figure out how I’m going to get the last 100 BHP (at the crank) out of this engine and is it even possible to do it without brakes by it?
Sitting at 300 BHP at the crank with ball bolts on except cams so is it possible to get the last 100 BHP at the crank with cams? I doubt it so that only leaves me with the boosting path but I’m scared I’m going to break the stick bottom end ?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
boost doesn't = an explosion automatically anymore than trying to squeeze 100 hp out of it NA does. Its about how its tuned and how you drive it. 400 hp is going to test the stock bottom end no matter how its achieved. Boost does automatically = hp though and other than nitrous your not going to find a more simple answer to your problem at hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online