Throw out or inputshaft bearing??

TexasMade

Reaction score
03 gt manual...has a bad whine almost like a bad powersteering pump but goes away when I push clutch in...goes up with rpm so kinda don't think it's a throw out but maybe a input shaft bearing or another bearing in the trans?? It won't let me post a video lol

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Put some light pressure on the clutch pedal, just enough to load the throw out bearing, but not enough to release the clutch. If it changes sound doing that, it’s likely the throw out.

Notthenow

Reaction score
What he said, especially if it is higher pitch.

You can add grease to it through the clutch lever access so you can get through until you can replace it.

OP
OP
TexasMade

TexasMade

Reaction score
What he said, especially if it is higher pitch.

You can add grease to it through the clutch lever access so you can get through until you can replace it.
Really? How do you do that lol

Notthenow

Reaction score
It's been several years since I tried it, but if memory serves, the side facing the trans is open and with a screwdriver, or other implement, pack some grease. Rotate and pack until full.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Oh for sure, but that noise is irritating as hell, and this can put it at bay if he needs to drive it for a while.

By all means do a new pressure plate, clutch disc, TB, and get the flywheel cut.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online