Throwout bearing and headers..weird combo but it makes sense! in 2 questions

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Yes you can use your old cable...just have to do a minor trim on the end to fit the firewall adjuster...really obvious & simple to do

I need to examine the cable to see if i want to get a new one or not. I might just get a new one and have the other 2 for spares, or sell the steeda one along with other new stuff i ended up not using. LOL

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the copper gaskets. is it a problem with the actual heeaders? or a problem with the gasket/bolts?

It's not the headers. I think it's the bolts.. I replaced the gaskets with more of the paper gasket and as long as I make sure the bolts stay tight there's no probs with the gaskets. As the BBK bolts get lost, I'm replacing them with Allen head bolts with a lock washer. I've considered safety-wiring the header bolts.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
check out locking header bolts if you are going to swap them out and you will not have to worry about them backing out.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
It's not the headers. I think it's the bolts.. I replaced the gaskets with more of the paper gasket and as long as I make sure the bolts stay tight there's no probs with the gaskets. As the BBK bolts get lost, I'm replacing them with Allen head bolts with a lock washer. I've considered safety-wiring the header bolts.

got any links??

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
any local hdwr store for the bolts. 5/16-18 x 1" IIRC.
If you want them crossdrilled for the safety wire then that might be a DIY project.
Remember to go back an retighten all of the header bolts after a couple of heat cycles.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I say safetywire because it different, I have the tools and wire to do it, and I've done it a lot.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I say safetywire because it different, I have the tools and wire to do it, and I've done it a lot.

I have the safety wire for my brake set up in my '72. But they came from wilwood that way i didnt do it. nor do i have the tools to do so

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
me too let me know if you find any sales and I will do the same. There are a few different type and I don't really care what brand they are as long as they will not loosen

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I have a pair of MAC lont tubes that I bought from a guy locally here in phx and I absolutely love them paird with a BBK o/r x pipe

if i get a good deal on LT and mid pipe ill consider getting them, but considering i have to pass smog every 2 years, and i already have an o/r h pipe, shorty's are the only solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online