Throwout bearing / Pilot Bearing

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Aftermarket tob's and pilot bearings are junk.. So Ford racing the way to go? I asked my guy and he said they're fine to use. Forgot to say T5 tranny.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Negative, Ford Racing is not the way to go. OEM is the way to go.

However, my oem throwout bearing lasted about 48 hours then decided to implode. But then again, I don't know how to drive. :dontknow:

RichV

Reaction score
OE Ford is the way to go. I've had luck with a couple from higher end kits. ACT and Exedy. But I don't know what brands they use.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I found a timken that I'm throwing in mine this weekend. With the timken reputation I have no fears throwing this in. Anything other than this or oem would make me nervous

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I get the OEM Ford TOB & Pilot bearing?

The part # for the TOB is #D9ZZ7548A. Just google it and I'm sure you'll find someting. Not sure about the part # for the pilot bearing.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The part # for the TOB is #D9ZZ7548A. Just google it and I'm sure you'll find someting. Not sure about the part # for the pilot bearing.

Thanks brah. I've been googling it for the past hour, no luck. Gonna look up the part # you wrote out

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Throwout bearing, clutch release bearing ... it's all the same. Don't let them fool ya.

kb1982

Reaction score
Get a crap tob bearing, and you will develop a relationship with them ball bearings rather quickly, as they will be falling out of your bellhousing when you go to replace it again. These cars by far, are the hardest vehicles that ive seen on TOB's. BTW, you will need a pilot bearing for 1 1/16" input shaft, the 1 1/8" pilot bearing is for guys running the Tremec 3550 and tko 500 transmissions,

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Get a crap tob bearing, and you will develop a relationship with them ball bearings rather quickly, as they will be falling out of your bellhousing when you go to replace it again. These cars by far, are the hardest vehicles that ive seen on TOB's. BTW, you will need a pilot bearing for 1 1/16" input shaft, the 1 1/8" pilot bearing is for guys running the Tremec 3550 and tko 500 transmissions,
[MENTION=8860]Win[/MENTION] found me the Ford OEM TOB and Ford OEM Pilot Bearing from Tousley Ford. I'll check the length for the input shaft on their site. Thanks

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Heres a screenshot of the pilot bearing. Says for 95 Mustang, manual. So that should be exactly what I need

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my oem tob from Tousley Ford also. Good price, just took a while to get here.

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
FWIW I get my TO Bearings, pilot bearings, PP Bolts, FW Bolts from D&D Performance in Michigan. (Don Walsh)
I think they supply the OEM Ford TO Bearing. The last one I had went 6 years and could have gone more if the clutch last longer. So that was enough proof for me. I have the same set up in my new trans and have not heard a peep out of it for 2 years now. So if your in need of a quality parts look no further than D&D Performance for these clutch parts. What ever clutch I buy I just throw their bearing in the garbage and buy the D&D one. That what I do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online