Ticking Noise From Tranny Area at 2500 RPM

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
After i did my t5 swap, ive been getting a noise from the tranny area at around 23-2500 rpms. It sounds like a cat heat shield rattling, but i just installed a new mid pipe when i did my t5 swap. The clutch, TOB, Pilot Bearing, Flywheel were all brand new.
Not sure what this could be? Any ideas?

Caboose302

Reaction score
Ok. My TOB makes a noise under part throttle at that RPM but not at idle. Have you checked the dust shield over the flywheel? A buddy had that issue on his Cobra and it was rattling quite a bit. Have you noticed any issues while you're driving other than noise? What brand TOB did you use?

Sent from mah Obamafone

RichV

Reaction score
If you can hear it on the outside, have someone rev it while you check around the car. Sounds like something is just vibrating, exhaust, maybe a heat shield. On the block plate, that piece at the bottom can rattle if it's a little loose.

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Could the dust shield only rattle at 2500rpms? And no, the only other thing i noticed is my foot needs to apply a little pressure on the clutch pedal to make another ticking noise go away, but i think thats just my cable that needs to be adjusted.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you install the shifter properly? all 4 bolts TQed down? dumb question, i know...

also, is the tranny mount in good condition?

finally, did you leave your alarm clock wedged in between your bell-housing and firewall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99