Time to move on

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Ok. I'll admit to owning a propeller car too. It's your new rides grandfather (grand fhurer?)

6ad71914d10ba06d72cedd5bf3fe48c7.jpg

I love those cars, and hey its still a rear drive front engine car, just how a proper sports car should be. I won't be doing any insane build thread any time soon because I need to save up for moving out of town next fall. But I do plan on doing the clutch and flywheel, Koni STRT shocks with H&R sport springs, a K&N C/A intake because they're not super expensive, a set of nice knock off BBS's, 17 inch wheels probably 7.5 inches wide in the front an 9 inches out back, gold with polished/brushed lip, better brake pads and stainless steel brake lines, a cat back exhaust, annnd last but not least a chin spoiler.

I'm not looking to spend a super huge amount of money on this car, but we'll see how that one goes. I just want a nice reliable fun car to drive, and I think this will be able to tick those boxes. And it gets amazing gas mileage compared to the ol v6.

GregT94SCC

Reaction score
You will find that GOOD aftermarket parts for bimmers cost a lot more than they do for Fords. Mine is 40 years old so its a different ball game to some degree but still valid I think. Oddly a lot of 2002 owners swap in m20s. Its like a more streetable s14.

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
This cars little engine makes some pretty nice sounding noises personally, it pulls fairly strong considering what I had to compare it too, and doesn't over heat so I'm pretty damn happy with this purchase.

GregT94SCC

Reaction score
I've never actually driven a v6 sn95. Id imagine that without the power the other flaws with the chassis would be harder to accept. BMWs typically have damn near a 50/50 weight distribution and are geared well. The engines like to rev (unless its an eta motor) and make all the right sounds. That being said, I've owned my cobra for all but 2 of its 20 years and would not sell or trade it for pretty much anything. Sometimes I hate it, but it has never left me stranded. Enjoy your new ride.. see you on bimerforums

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Hey man nothing wrong with that purchase, I had a 1995 v6 with 200k on the clock. I sank a ton of money into it, but at the end of the day it still wasn't what I wanted, let alone reliable enough to drive more than an hour away with. I understand your decision on the new ride completely, good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online