Timing chain questions

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Do they make performance timing stuff for the 4.6 motors? What I am talking about, is the the Jesel belt drives for the 5.0's and cheby motors. As some of you know I am putting together my motor the end of August and right now I am trying to tie up all the loose ends so that I have everything when I go to start the motor build and install.

Thanks in advance

Josh

firstonraceday

Reaction score
By timing stuff do you mean timing wheels and what not or are you talking about chains guides e.t.c

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
everystuff under the front cover. Is the only thing available the stock timing compononets?

Casper98gt

Reaction score
If you want timing belts then i dont really know why. But ok. They dont yet make antihng because the chains are good over 100k miles. I would however recommend new chains and guides when you do a headswap if you have high milage.

They only make adjustable cam sprockets.

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Casper98gt said:
If you want timing belts then i dont really know why. But ok. They dont yet make antihng because the chains are good over 100k miles. I would however recommend new chains and guides when you do a headswap if you have high milage.

They only make adjustable cam sprockets.

I am building a whole new motor. New cams ported and polished heads yada yada. Figured i would double check as far timing stuff goes. The timing chaines and all that on ym car now have WAY over 130k on them and I didn't want to reuse them.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea man on that one , ford has them beat. You don't need anything but the stock stuff. It works very well. Even though be sure to degree your cams , and most people will tell you to use the stock gears but grind the keyway so you can accually get it right. good luck and hope its a killer.

Mitchell

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Yea man on that one , ford has them beat. You don't need anything but the stock stuff. It works very well. Even though be sure to degree your cams , and most people will tell you to use the stock gears but grind the keyway so you can accually get it right. good luck and hope its a killer.

Mitchell

Yeah I hope its killer to LOL... If I can't get what I think I can NA then I'll have 200 ponies in a bottle for backup LOL

voidfinger

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
voidfinger said:

Mitchell

Yeah I hope its killer to LOL... If I can't get what I think I can NA then I'll have 200 ponies in a bottle for backup LOL

Yea i hear ya. Watch out though ... a budy of mine that lives next door to me had a cobra that he sprayed "1 Time" with a 200 shot and ended up leaving 6 pistons and rods in the road and had 6 new windows in his nice aluminum block... be sure to get a great tune please ! Good luck.

Mitchell

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I won't even think of spraying the motor without a tune. With the compression I will be running I am not gonna drive the car until I get it tuned. I'll also be running a snow meth kit on it so it has to be tuned with that as well as get tuned for the spray.

voidfinger

Reaction score
what compression you running then? it must be higher than 11.5 or so.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol, that isn't to bad. I will probably be around 10.8 / 11 to 1 lol. should be nice :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell