Tinted Tails!!

gt96stang

Reaction score
Got some euro tails from droptop and then had them tinted by KB... They look great! If anyone is thinking about getting tinting done, send it to KB, they look better in person then the pics do justice..
It was very overcast out yesterday when I took these pics.. It literary started raining 10 mins after i finished..

lights off
IMG_0410.jpg

lights on
IMG_0409.jpg

tinted vs. stock
IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

before they went on the car...
IMG_0405.jpg

scott5

Reaction score
how does he tint them? It looks like they were spray painted.. I am thinking about doing it to mine.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
scott5 said:
how does he tint them? It looks like they were spray painted.. I am thinking about doing it to mine.

it's actually with a spray gun... Not anything like the cheap vht niteshades... I can guarantee you that they look a lot better than the pics do... Plus they are just a little greasy from me working on them, as I never cleaned them off since it rained..

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
man those look dark....i hope you dont get re-ended man

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
man those look dark....i hope you dont get re-ended man

I doubt I will, I was running crappy taillight tint that didn't cover the whole lens for quite awhile, like 1.5 years...

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i would still be worried.... people up here cant see reg. tails as it is so that would just make them sue happy i believe but i really like the way it looks

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
they do look good but they are hard to see.. when i was out cruising around with paul a while back, i could barely see hiim ahead of me at night even when the brakes were on.. they are very dark. but they do look awesome..

my dad doesn't want me tinting mine because of that reason. so mine will remain red. which is ok with me because my dad doesn't ask me to do a lot of things.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
damn, i can't wait... :dancing6:

can you get some pics from farther away if you get the chance?

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i would leave one stocker light in and one tinted tail to show comparisons to people haha :hammer:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
glad you like em man.,

Guys keep in mind that is with his running lights only not when he hits the brakes. Also keep in mind that those tails i have 2 pieces of plastic between the bulb and tint, so it will look dark. Stock tails come out brighter.

Hey man if you can or worried, leave your 3rd brake light stock. and also they make hyperwhite (or higher wattage bulbs) you can put in there and its night and day difference.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
hey man here is an example of another customers tails. the top bulb is a brighter bulb the lower is stock

IMG_1286.jpg

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Please let me know if you have any problems. Im always willing to fix my faults, or if they are not to your liking help ya out with a redo price. I know mine were darker than yours, and i got stopped, but still your 3rd brake light should help. LMK man i dont want to leave you hanging.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
trey LMK if you want yours done, i dont have to go that dark, i do that on altezza's so they will look good. here are some SMOKED tails i did for a friend.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i want to do mine but my dad doesn't want me too.. im moving up to denton btw this summer.. (im going to UNT) maybe when i do that, i can drop the lights off to you.. i imagine just a light tint would look better than stock.. id want them pretty dark but i think a little red might look good? iono we can discuss it..

this summer though, maybe ill hit you up about doing it.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
KB said:
Please let me know if you have any problems. Im always willing to fix my faults, or if they are not to your liking help ya out with a redo price. I know mine were darker than yours, and i got stopped, but still your 3rd brake light should help. LMK man i dont want to leave you hanging.

Oh no man, I love them...They came out really good.. I actually painted the chrome bezel before I threw them in.. I couldn't stand it..

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
scott5 said:
i am def doing them to mine.. Any tips on best way to do it?

send them to KB and work something out with him... O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online