TIPS for AUTOCROSSING an SN95 CONVERTIBLE

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
I’ve been autocrossing my 2000 GT convertible for years. And several of my toughest competitors also drive SN95 convertibles. But, there are a lot of people who don’t think an SN95 convertible can be a capable corner carver. I made this video to inform and inspire SN95 convertible owners who are thinking about autocrossing their Mustangs.

It covers the NEGATIVES and POSITIVES of SN95 Mustang convertibles from an AUTOCROSS PERSPECTIVE. I go over the chassis bracing mods allowed by the SCCA Rules in STREET CATEGORY, STREET TOURING CATEGORY, STREET PREPARED CATEGORY, and CLASSIC AMERICAN MUSCLE. I also detail the specific chassis bracing mods I made to my 2000 GT convertible to make it very competitive in CAM.

If you have any questions, please ask here or in the comments on YouTube. I’m always happy to help.

Katstang

Reaction score
I had a 2000 v6 vert, granted not a gt, and I didn't race it, but I always had fun around corners in it, I thought it cornered like a pro. No complaints from me. I now have 3 98 stangs, a v6 that is prob going to be giving up some parts for the others, a 98 gt coupe and a 98 gt vert. My new gt vert corners just fine too.

OP
OP
W

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
@Warhorse Racing, You don't mention the Stifflers spider brace in the video. Do you not feel it is needed on our cars?

Thanks In Advance! Sean
Sean,

I haven't felt the need to install the Stifflers Spider Brace on my cars. That's not a comment on its quality or performance; I've just been happy with the bracing I already have.

sanyarcosean

Reaction score
Sean,

I haven't felt the need to install the Stifflers Spider Brace on my cars. That's not a comment on its quality or performance; I've just been happy with the bracing I already have.
Good To Know! Since I'm on a budget, ill skip it then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online