tire assistance

[NIGH7MAR3]

Reaction score
ok i have been wondering about this for a while like on a tire code like 245/45/17 swhat do the numbers mean like 17 is rim size and what do the others mean please help :help2:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
245 is the width of the tire in millimeters and 45 is the sidewall height. The 45 is the percentage of the width.

lrall

Reaction score
just to add to this, sometimes there are slick dimensions, and there are 3 numbers. like 12.5 X 26 X 13. what do those numbers mean? i know the street tire way but slick 'terms' confuse me, or are they the same?

ripper

Reaction score
Im not sure but i think its the same but in inches. That would be a 12 1/2 in wide slick 26 in. high on a 13 in rim. Not sure buts that what i would think. Slicks need alot of sidewall so they crinkle and hook better. Look at Truubles Hoosiers. See how wide his sidewalls are. I hate my 35's. Hoosiers next time and 45's.

If you look close you can even see some crinkle in Truubles tire.

OP
OP
N

[NIGH7MAR3]

Reaction score
thanks man cause im looking at buying tires and rims from american muscle.com and i dont wanna spend 1600 dollars and it not be what i want

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yep. A 12.5 x 26 x 15 would be a 12.5 inch tread width, 26 inches in diameter, for a 15 inch rim.

GDawg

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Yep. A 12.5 x 26 x 15 would be a 12.5 inch tread width, 26 inches in diameter, for a 15 inch rim.

Thanks Truuble... I was thinking 26 inches is a "bit" high for sidewall height! :rollinglaugh: :eek:uttahere:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
haha same man.. 2 foot 2 inch sidewall... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

S

scarface

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
haha same man.. 2 foot 2 inch sidewall... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
it would fit under some of the members stangs...lol :)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Here's a close up of my tire during launch:

[attachment deleted by admin]

GDawg

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Here's a close up of my tire during launch:

I'm hoping to buy a set of Mickey Thompson ET Street/Drag radials. I assume you do your burnout in the water box with these, correct? What do you think of the MT ETs Truuble? What air pressure do you have in them when you race?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
GDawg said:
I'm hoping to buy a set of Mickey Thompson ET Street/Drag radials. I assume you do your burnout in the water box with these, correct? What do you think of the MT ETs Truuble? What air pressure do you have in them when you race?

I do my burnout just past the water box . . . you NEVER want to to it in the water box because you'll spray water up under the car . . very dangerous.

I just switched from the Hoosiers you see in the picture to 28x10.5 ET Drags . . not the radials, the slicks. It's a great tire and stands up like a top fuel car when I do burnouts. I run them at around 11 pounds. You would probably want a bit more pressure in a radial.

Here's a vid:

http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-4-7-

GDawg

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
GDawg said:

I do my burnout just past the water box . . . you NEVER want to to it in the water box because you'll spray water up under the car . . very dangerous.

I just switched from the Hoosiers you see in the picture to 28x10.5 ET Drags . . not the radials, the slicks. It's a great tire and stands up like a top fuel car when I do burnouts. I run them at around 11 pounds. You would probably want a bit more pressure in a radial.

Here's a vid:

http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-4-7-

Very cool...!!! O0

Thanks for the info on the water box cause I'm a newb to that stuff.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Usually, the guy working the water box will bring you up to the right spot. I usually have crew members who put me through the box and stage me in the groove. It's a lot easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online