Tire Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by theponyfactor, Jan 16, 2007.

1. theponyfactor

theponyfactor Active Member

Right now I have 17x9 and 17x10.5 fr500s. When I bought tires I went with 275s on all 4 rims. Well that tire just isn't big enough on the DDs and I notice it everytime I look at the car. I know that its really not that noticeable but I'm sure you guys understand that it is to me. So I was looking into getting new tires for the back and what I'm wondering is if you guys think it will look ok with 2 different tire brands on there. My Dad seemed to think that it was a bad idea. Right now I have Fuzion zRIs and I was looking into getting the sumis. I know those are pretty cheap tires but I think they'd be fine for how often I use the car. Any thoughts would be great. :)

2. scarface

scarface Guest

the sumitomos wont stick well at all if you are into traction, however they wear nicely. go 285 or 315

3. theponyfactor

heh traction really isnt much of a concern. My six really doesnt cause too many problems... ;)

4. scarface

scarface Guest

315/35/17's I had 275's on a 10.5 rim...I know what you are refering to.

5. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

315's :bunny3:

6. theponyfactor

I will get 315s im just wondering how the fuzions and the sumis would look together

7. scarface

scarface Guest

look up the tread oatterns online

8. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Legend

Sumi's:
    [​IMG]

Fuzion's:
    [​IMG]

9. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Legend

Not to far off if you ask me.... I have two differant tires on my car. Well in essance. I have BFG's all around but have the DR's out back and the KDW2's upfront.

10. theponyfactor

I know this is asked a lot but the 315s will fit fine right?

11. scarface

scarface Guest

you will have to flip the quad shocks, and maybe massage the inner fenderwell a bit....but its all worth it :)

12. theponyfactor

hmm i'll have to try and find some info on doing that. I'm new to working on cars and i'm all by myself when i do things to it. any info about the quad shocks would be helpful

13. theponyfactor

Was reading around, and i read that i don't have them on my v6, that correct?

14. scarface

scarface Guest

beats me? but if you do, just remove two nuts, flip, reinstal nuts.

15. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

315's will look like :rockyou:! do it! and i dont think that two different brand tires will llook bad. you dont ever really see the tread patterns anways unless you park with your wheels all sideways. i think it will be fine, both tires look great!

16. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

yeah, you dont have them... and people do notice having too small of tires...the day after i go tmy FR500s put on, me and some guys went to the track and im standing next to my friends car and my car is behind his, 2 guys walk up to my car, bend over next to my front rims and one says to the other, "man these are some nice rims" and the other goes, "yeah, too bad he put on too small tires, they are 245s"...i was like :slap:....but its all good, i have 265s now.

and i dont know how you can stand having 275 on a 10.5 inch tire, i have 275 on my 10 inch and they are stretched like a bitch. :nonono: