Tire Question

theponyfactor

Reaction score
Right now I have 17x9 and 17x10.5 fr500s. When I bought tires I went with 275s on all 4 rims. Well that tire just isn't big enough on the DDs and I notice it everytime I look at the car. I know that its really not that noticeable but I'm sure you guys understand that it is to me. So I was looking into getting new tires for the back and what I'm wondering is if you guys think it will look ok with 2 different tire brands on there. My Dad seemed to think that it was a bad idea. Right now I have Fuzion zRIs and I was looking into getting the sumis. I know those are pretty cheap tires but I think they'd be fine for how often I use the car. Any thoughts would be great. :)

S

scarface

the sumitomos wont stick well at all if you are into traction, however they wear nicely. go 285 or 315

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
heh traction really isnt much of a concern. My six really doesnt cause too many problems... ;)

S

scarface

315/35/17's I had 275's on a 10.5 rim...I know what you are refering to.

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
I will get 315s im just wondering how the fuzions and the sumis would look together

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
look up the tread patterns online

Sumi's:
su_htr_z.jpg

Fuzion's:
fuzion_zri_ci2_l.jpg

S

scarface

you will have to flip the quad shocks, and maybe massage the inner fenderwell a bit....but its all worth it :)

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
hmm i'll have to try and find some info on doing that. I'm new to working on cars and i'm all by myself when i do things to it. any info about the quad shocks would be helpful

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
Was reading around, and i read that i don't have them on my v6, that correct?

S

scarface

beats me? but if you do, just remove two nuts, flip, reinstal nuts.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
315's will look like :rockyou:! do it! and i dont think that two different brand tires will llook bad. you dont ever really see the tread patterns anways unless you park with your wheels all sideways. i think it will be fine, both tires look great!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
theponyfactor said:
Was reading around, and i read that i don't have them on my v6, that correct?

yeah, you dont have them... and people do notice having too small of tires...the day after i go tmy FR500s put on, me and some guys went to the track and im standing next to my friends car and my car is behind his, 2 guys walk up to my car, bend over next to my front rims and one says to the other, "man these are some nice rims" and the other goes, "yeah, too bad he put on too small tires, they are 245s"...i was like :slap:....but its all good, i have 265s now.

and i dont know how you can stand having 275 on a 10.5 inch tire, i have 275 on my 10 inch and they are stretched like a bitch. :nonono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.