Tire recommendations 16yo daughter's GT

laramik

Reaction score
My daughter has a bone stock 98gt vert I bought her this year for her 16th. Auto trans and she drives it like a Grandpa thank God. That being said, I'd like to know what you guys recommend for a good all season Tire. What is of particular importance to me is wet traction as well as winter grip. She won't be driving in the snow or rain for the most part but I imagine every once in a great while she may get stuck where she has to and the current tires on this thing aren't safe in wet conditions. There are falken g4 pros on there now and the wet traction is awful. Maybe it's due to them being low on tread but seems like it's more than that. She won't put many miles on them so I would just prefer something that grabs like crazy in sub par conditions as we live in Chicago and it's basically always crap weather here. Either rainy or snowy or cold. I have a set of toyo Celcius tires on my Chevy volt and they are a "all weather" tire and they are outstanding but I can't find them in the size she would need. Any recommendations would be appreciated. And cost is of some concern. I really don't want to pay more than 100 a tire if I don't have to. She won't be putting many miles on it so tread life is my least concern.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
laramik

laramik

Reaction score
I'm looking at the bf Goodrich g-force comp 2 a/s. Anyone have experience with these?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Loved my g-forces I had on my stock wheels. Good grip at all times and wear was even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I'm looking at the bf Goodrich g-force comp 2 a/s. Anyone have experience with these?

Have those on my son's 98 GT. No complaints. Even in the rain. We don't deal with snow though.

OP
OP
laramik

laramik

Reaction score
Awesome. They have a 50 dollar off coupon for them through discount tire. I think I'll scoop them up.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I live in CT and work at the Costco tire center. We only sell BFgoodrich, Michelin, and Bridgestone tires. BFgoodrich arent the best imo. But we push Michelin and Bridgestone because they're the better tire all day long. That being said the BFGs are still a solid tire and those who we install them for rarely have a complaint outside of your rare manufacturer defect, or the more common user error (usually alignment issue or running on a flat).
I'd def recommend them for a good all season because we have our fair share of shit weather here in New England.

OP
OP
laramik

laramik

Reaction score
Just want to let everyone know I went with the BFG g-force comp 2 a/s and these things stick like actual glue in cold wet weather. 48 here today and was tough to get them to break loose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online