Tire Size...

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I have 245's right now in the front, and 285's in the ass. I was wondering if there is a big difference between 245's and 255's??? I dont know which size i should replace my front ones with.... :help2:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
not much between 245 and 255's I dont even think it is half a inch, I would go ahead and get the 255's on the front. I have 265's on my 18's on my Cobra

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Thats what Ive been thinking.... Oh and I havent said this before but I REALLY like your car.... It turns me on.... :dancing6:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Thats what Ive been thinking.... Oh and I havent said this before but I REALLY like your car.... It turns me on.... :dancing6:

well thank you very much, here is a pic for your......uhhhhhh,..................enjoyment :naughty:

myandpamcar003.jpg

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I just went to the Fun Ford Weekend at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix. I saw lots and lots of Cobra's and I must say.... I like your better.... I mean, dont get me wrong, they are all pretty nice, specially those guys running low 11's but i figure if you cant do AT LEAST 12's in a cobra.... there may be issues....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I just went to the Fun Ford Weekend at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix. I saw lots and lots of Cobra's and I must say.... I like your better.... I mean, dont get me wrong, they are all pretty nice, specially those guys running low 11's but i figure if you cant do AT LEAST 12's in a cobra.... there may be issues....

oh yea, STOCK the 99's ( when they had the factory fix ) were solid mid to low 13 second cars. With bolt ons 12's is EASY, I ran a 7.90 in the eighth a few weeks ago, that equals around a 12.40 or so in the quarter and I have all the normal bolt-ons that every other 4.6 Coba has :) I'm looking for mid 7's come the first of next year when the tax man gives me my money back and I get my Stage 2 Procharger with the 3 core intercooler :dancing6: :dancing6:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I still just wanna get a blower for my 5.Slow..... Kinda depressing that my block would blowup before I had enough power to scratch anything worthy of fast.... :'(

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
speaking of sorry times, have any of you guys seen the December issue of Modified Mustangs? they have about a dozen cars in there with a mod list dyno numbers and time slips and they all SUCK :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: here is some examples ......a 94 cobra with 264 RWHP and it only runs a 14.32 ??? ??? a 96 Cobra with 291 RWHP and it only gets a 13.87???????? hell thats almost a stock time slip ;D ;D A 2000 GT with 269 RWHP and a 14.97... :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: thats SORRY :nonono: :nonono: I guess these were first time drivers that cant handle a track all that well :dunno:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
:lol: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I still just wanna get a blower for my 5.Slow..... Kinda depressing that my block would blowup before I had enough power to scratch anything worthy of fast.... :'(
:dunno: I am running a stock block :noes:

rgs

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:

uhh the stock block can handle 450-500 rwhp quite well. and im pretty sure that = fast........ :)

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
rgs said:
CanaryGT said:

uhh the stock block can handle 450-500 rwhp quite well. and im pretty sure that = fast........ :)

With a good tune, no problem

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I have 245's right now in the front, and 285's in the ass. I was wondering if there is a big difference between 245's and 255's??? I dont know which size i should replace my front ones with.... :help2:

I'd go with the 255's

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
When I said that I couldnt be called fast, I ment it more as the fact that a 96+ block can hold almost 1000 hp... I guess thats not your daily driver tho.... ::)

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Well i got the Nitto 555 255's up front and I love em! WAY improved ride quality!!!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I have 255/40/17 up front and love them only problem is i found out too late that i had a alignment issue. Oopsy there goes 2 tires time to go get some more actually the 275/40/17 in the rear are gone thanks to the fiance doing brakestands. 15,000 miles for a set of tires gee you think they would be more considerate.
I was meaning my fiance you think she would be more considerate about abusing the tires! Ha

rgs

Reaction score
im sorry but did you say 15000$ for a set of rubber???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.