tires - for real this time lolol

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
<a href=https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+SPT&partnum=93YR8KU31XL&i1_Qty=2>Kumho Ecsta SPT's</a>

what do you guys think?

295/30/18's for the backs... $391 shipped...

i for real need tires now cause my pirelli's in the back both have patches and one is now losing pressure.. 15.5psi was in the passenger side today when i checked it...

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
for just normal street driving? i dont go to the drag strip or race from digs or anything.. i dont even race anymore.

do they suck just period or will i notice a difference if i buy a 300 dollar tire?

id rather stay less than 300 bucks but i know it wont happen so i want the cheapest good ones i can find.

Passenger

Reaction score
I've got 275/40/17 Kumho Escta ASX's on the back of my '95 GT. They're bald, and I have no complaints other than the fact I slide in the rain. But then again, as I said they are bald..and its a Mustang. Not the tires fault.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
kunhos arent the worst out there by any means, but i would spend the extra $100 on better tires, but that is me. :dunno:

Passenger

Reaction score
Why? He said he just wants something for normal street driving. He could buy Sumitomos and be just as pleased as he would with something else probably.

Why dont you recommend something Pimpin'

S

scarface

I looked for Sumitomos for you Trey, but Tire rack doesnt carry that size. ??? THe ones you picked look good for everyday driving

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
well, im gonna recommend what im getting next time i get tires...BFG KDW2, they are like ~250 each and i haven't seen anyone that didn't like them. i drove my friends car with them and the road noise was minimal compared to my michelin pilot sports that go for $50 more than the BFGs. I drove a car with kumhos on it, i don't think they were the SPTs, but they were a little bit noisy. If i was tellin you to get a "performace tire" i woulda said get soem BFG DRs and be very careful in the rain. :hammer:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
bfg kws are a great tire. very happy with mine. You should have thought about the $$ of tires when you got 18's and wanted wide tires ;D

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i COULD buy KDW2's... thats what ive wanted. but right now, other things need attention and college funds are starting to come in. i love the KDW2 tire, i dont think ive heard one thing wrong with them. but 250 a tire would put me at about 530 dollars after shipping for 2 tires. screw that. ill save the 140 dollars and get some kumho's and be happy. they can't be worse than what i have. so to me, they will be an upgrade.

thanks for your guyses information.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Kumhos are a great all around tire if you ask me and I worked in a tire shop for 5 years. Ive had Kumhos, Ive had Sumis, and Ive had BFG KDWSs and IMO the best ALL AROUND tire would be the Sumitomo but the Kumho is a close second. BFGs are my favorite but are certainly not the best.

Passenger

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
If i was tellin you to get a "performace tire" i woulda said get soem BFG DRs and be very careful in the rain. :hammer:

Same here. I love my BFG dr's. They have no street life left in them at all. A flat piece of glass has more tread on it than my DR's, but they'll hook like a mofugger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online