TKX swap issues

Little Silver

Reaction score
So I have done a TKX swap this past weekend. For the most part, everything went pretty smooth. But there is now an issue with the starter being misaligned. The OEM starter bolts had trouble threading in at first until we discovered that the mounting holes for the starter had an edging causing the threads to catch. We beveled the edge without changing the shape of the holes. We double checked threadings and procceded to mount the starter. No problems. But now when starting the car the starter is screeching. Any ideas of suggestions of what to do next?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Sounds like it is misaligned somehow. Are you sure it's the correct part #?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You didn’t index the bellhousing most likely . I run a tkx in my 5.0 pushrod car starts awesome

94cobradan

Reaction score
Question, how was the swap? Any issues besides the above mentioned? Any cutting or modifications needed. I’m getting ready to buy a kit for my 94 cobra.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Question, how was the swap? Any issues besides the above mentioned? Any cutting or modifications needed. I’m getting ready to buy a kit for my 94 cobra.

I did it in my 95 it was straight forward. If you have all the parts it’s not bad . Worst part is indexing the bellhosuing

94cobradan

Reaction score
I did it in my 95 it was straight forward. If you have all the parts it’s not bad . Worst part is indexing the bellhosuing
Sweet thanks! How long did it take to get the transmission? Order from D&D?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sweet thanks! How long did it take to get the transmission? Order from D&D?
I got mine same day we have a tremec supplier who stocks Tkx’s and magnums. Had to order a trans cross member from stifflers and lengthen my drive shaft . I ended up getting a new one built .

94cobradan

Reaction score
I got mine same day we have a tremec supplier who stocks Tkx’s and magnums. Had to order a trans cross member from stifflers and lengthen my drive shaft . I ended up getting a new one built .
Nice! Mine is arriving tomorrow! I am surprised you did not buy the driveshaft spacer for the OE driveshaft. I ordered the stifflers and the spacer.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why is that? Death wobble?
It had a vibration I didn’t like tried various shafts I had aluminum and steel ultimately gotta new shaft built . Hopefully you don’t have the issues I did

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online