to EGR, or not to EGR, that is my question.... seroiusly.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
i am installing a new motor in my 95 gt, trickflow stg 1 stuff, and i was wondering, has anyone deleted the EGR coming off the throttle body elbow
leading down to the pass. header? i have a killer deal on some fox longtubes, and was thinking that the tube is the only thing that is
standing in my way. thanks for any knowledge/advice

rgs

Reaction score
do it.

even if you have some sort of emissions testing the egr doesnt make THAT much of a difference

ryclef331

Reaction score
I would say while you're at it you might as well. I would look into getting a tune after doing the new motor anyway. While you're at it, have them shut off the EGR function in the ECU.

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
or just plug the hole that goes into the header and cap off the vaccum lines = no check engine light

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
ryclef331- i was planning on it being dyno tuned after i did get it install, but i didnt think about them shutting off the EGR function. thanks
I have seen some plates that bolt up to the elbow that look like it would cap it off on that end, and the fox headers dont have the tube,
but is there any fitment issues with fox body longtubes on 94-95??

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
yea i was also wondering about that....like is there any difference between fox and sn95 headers besides the egr application. Even for shorties...reason being is that i have no egr and if i could get away with fox headers i would totally do it...no mor eugly plug in the middle of the header :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online