To Part out? or naww?

OP
OP
S

stang415

Reaction score
And idk about the 4.6 being unrealiable, i mean, look at all those taxis and town cars out there, many have over 200k miles with the original engine. You can google (insert engine here) rod knock and something will come up.

Racsirx

Reaction score
And idk about the 4.6 being unrealiable, i mean, look at all those taxis and town cars out there, many have over 200k miles with the original engine. You can google (insert engine here) rod knock and something will come up.

And how many times did they have to drop the pan to replace a rod? If you want I can set up a meeting with the owner of Luxor Cabs in San Francisco, if you want to know how many times they have replaced the motors in them, he will also be happy to sell you one, he has get rid of them after 2-3 years of service.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can also find decent Cobra coupes for about $1500 more than he is asking.

That is a $2500 car at best with a screwed up engine.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
T45 over 3650, t5, auto anyday! Your taxi bit is BS!! Luxor cab probably never changed the oil! These engines abused but maintain touch 300,000 all the time in taxi service. Its the cars wiring harness and chain guides that gives out. 300,000 miles of engine heat and weather kills plastic conectors and advances corrosion to contacts within the harness all over the car. Chain guides wear towards 250,000, just replacement adds another 250,000miles. A San Francisco taxi company is not the only taxi company pal. They must be doing dumb business where consuming you main investment without maintenance. Genius. ..now lets just keep buying the so called crap engines because they fail...eeerrrr...lol

OP
OP
S

stang415

Reaction score
And how many times did they have to drop the pan to replace a rod? If you want I can set up a meeting with the owner of Luxor Cabs in San Francisco, if you want to know how many times they have replaced the motors in them, he will also be happy to sell you one, he has get rid of them after 2-3 years of service.

Well if they are soooo bad, why would they keep buying them?

Racsirx

Reaction score
Lol, you guys kill me, just part it out then and see what get for it

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ok. Your totally creating bull. Your main argument was rod failure, now your stating a good engine is worthless to part out.
Perhaps you should stick to what you understand and please leave the negative comments to what you dont understand.

Racsirx

Reaction score
Ok. Your totally creating bull. Your main argument was rod failure, now your stating a good engine is worthless to part out.
Perhaps you should stick to what you understand and please leave the negative comments to what you dont understand.

I meant part the car out and see what you get for the whole car parted out, sorry I am an old guy and the 4.6 market seems very soft to me in my area and hard to sell but I am willing to learn the way of the 4.6 and T45s since I keep finding them for cheap here so teach this old guy what I was doing wrong and I bought a few when they first came out and didn't have much luck with them, one had rod knock at 50K miles which was a stock 97 Cobra, one had a T45 go out at 30K miles in a stock 98 Cobra but the worst was the 04 Cobra had rod knock at 5K but it wasn't stock, it made 660rwhp and we were racing that almost every weekend, so I gave up and that's all I would see and hear that it's normal for the 4.6s to have rod knock and T45s couldn't handle what I was doing, so I gave up on 4.6s, so sorry.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Its good all bro. Thank you for the clarification. I totally see your point of view and I did not mean any disrespect.

Honestly, the early 5.4l were ticking time bombs and your description of the self destructing modulars holds a little truth with them.

Your new description is more feasible within this topic but it took you a few posts.

Do we need a modular vs windsor debate?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its good all bro. Thank you for the clarification. I totally see your point of view and I did not mean any disrespect.

Honestly, the early 5.4l were ticking time bombs and your description of the self destructing modulars holds a little truth with them.

Your new description is more feasible within this topic but it took you a few posts.

Only if Paul is here.

Parm

Reaction score
Sell it whole or part it out for a cobra. Which ever you could get more out of, but in my area you would probably see about 2500 as it is now whole.

Racsirx

Reaction score

No we don't need to start that, lol, but I would like to hear about more high mileage untouched 4.6s and how miles they have, and how quick some has gone in a 2V, my buddy went 10.80@126 in a 2001 GT with heads, cam, S-trim and 6 speed and my other buddy with his Saleen 2V went 10.70@128 but that was with a stroked 2V but that motor gave up and now he is putting a Coyote motor with twin turbos, should be in the magazines by next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online