To sway bar or not to sway bar... this is my question

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
is that the smaller bar that goes in addition to the factory bar?

It's smaller in diameter than the OEM rear sway bar and it has end links that you tighten down to adjust oversteer. It is designed to work in addition to your OEM rear sway bar. It's simple, easy to install and works incredibly well.

95opal

Reaction score
Wow that just looking amazing. What did all that run you? You weren’t messing around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. To be honest im not quite sure but if i had to guess id say im in at about 5k for Chasis stiffening and suspension

Reaction score
Every input, steering, throttle and braking, must go through the chassis. From a performance standpoint, you want those inputs to be direct, not diluted. Chassis flex dilutes those inputs. If you add power and improve handling and braking, you are putting more aggressive inputs through the chassis, especially under performance driving conditions.

The benefits of chassis bracing can be felt on the street, but they tend to add some NVH (noise, vibration, harshness). A strut tower brace can help the way the front end feels, but there are other areas to consider when you’re looking to get the most out of your chassis. Do you already have subframe connectors? Are you using the car for track/autocross, or just street driving? What other mods have you made to the front suspension?

Here’s a video I made about the bracing I use in my 2004 V6 autocross car. It includes a review of how the car felt after the upgrades.

If you have any questions, please ask. I’m happy to help.

Reaction score
I am strictly street driving. I am running stock suspension with HD struts and a strut tower brace. I didn't think a strut tower brace would make much difference but was surprised. There is a couple of tight curves on the way to our cottage and I take them fairly fast , my little covert sits as straight as a die , very pleased with the brace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online