TOB going bad?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This is what I think about light flywheels

2c6ea6706686ed3b45a48b726a655bc2.jpg

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I practically did that i had the bearing explode on a prefect Saturday babied it home clutch flywheel and all where fine shaft the throw out bearing slides on to was worn and chopped so keep that in mind when it does let go

MrE

Reaction score
I Just Had my TOB go out. Im not a mechanical expert but thats the only thing it could be. Clutch engages. I can drive it just screams bloody murder if i do. Press the clutch in and it gets even louder.

Im gonna piggy back on this thread for some suggestions. I don't baby the car i was doing a burnout shortly before the failure lol. Stock 97 GT
Need Suggestions for
Clutch
Flywheel
Barrings
Clutch Lever
Short throw shifter.

The car is completely stock far as i know so if I'm gonna open her up i want to change everything i can for better quality parts that can take my weekend floggings.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I Just Had my TOB go out. Im not a mechanical expert but thats the only thing it could be. Clutch engages. I can drive it just screams bloody murder if i do. Press the clutch in and it gets even louder.

Im gonna piggy back on this thread for some suggestions. I don't baby the car i was doing a burnout shortly before the failure lol. Stock 97 GT
Need Suggestions for
Clutch
Flywheel
Barrings
Clutch Lever
Short throw shifter.

The car is completely stock far as i know so if I'm gonna open her up i want to change everything i can for better quality parts that can take my weekend floggings.
I got lucky with my car as the flywheel was perfect as well as the clutch but a king cobra from upr would do fine

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
lol you make that yourself?? ;p
Lol...delayed reply, sorry

Yes and no. Yes I machined an exsisting flywheel. What you see is the flywheel base with out the steel clutch surface. When the surface got mated to the base, zero balance! 10lbs too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online