9838stang

Reaction score
If u wanna go Slammed with out coils do the following:

H&R Supersports ~ 2.0 F, 1.5 R
No ISO's ~ 0.5 F, 0.5 R
Ball Joint w/o Spacers ~ 0.75 F
Adjustable RLCA ~ 1.0 R

Total = 3.25" Front and 3.0" Back =Sick Stance

You numbers are a bit generous. I have all that minus the rear LCA. And at most it is 2in to 2.025 lol And that is for the front. The h&r ss springs will give 1.75 to 1.9 in drop up front and 1.5 to 1.6 in the rear. The Steeda x2 ball joint give about .15 to.25 in up front and removing the isos maybe another .25 at matlx you would see 2.5 inches up front. As far as removing the isos, I don't really wanna

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
So what are you running now? [MENTION=13702]1997GT4.6[/MENTION]. i have had mine for over 3 years no issues
Bilsteins and haven't looked back. I spent the same amount of money being cheap and buying tokicos again and again. Odd bc i had them on my GT with SS springs also and they held up until i sold it.
Dayum... That bad?? Maybe that's why AM doesn't offer them anymore and why this dude is basically giving them to me.
Maybe; i know i won't be buying them again. Well you also have to consider that those shocks aren't built for the spring rate of the ss springs. Also, nobody on svtp will recommend them bc you could buy.bilsteins and never look back.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have had Tokico Illuminas for years now and they have been pretty good to me. I'd suggest them over the Blues not only because they're adjustable but also they're a higher performance strut, they can handle a stiffer spring rate and maybe lower cars as well. I'm lowered 3" in the front and it rides rather good.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
You numbers are a bit generous. I have all that minus the rear LCA. And at most it is 2in to 2.025 lol And that is for the front. The h&r ss springs will give 1.75 to 1.9 in drop up front and 1.5 to 1.6 in the rear. The Steeda x2 ball joint give about .15 to.25 in up front and removing the isos maybe another .25 at matlx you would see 2.5 inches up front. As far as removing the isos, I don't really wanna

ur car is a coupe and a v6. So weight plays a factor too. I know for a vert' those springs will drop the car 2" and 1.6" according to AM. Also did u remove the spacers from the ball joints and removing all the isos? Those will def. drop u another inch almost all around.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware Tokico made springs.

I have their HP shocks on the rear of mine and they handle well when my LCA's are maxed out for maximum ride height. However when I lower the rear end, they can't handle the spring rate and are very bouncy. I'm probably gonna go with a custom setup in the rear as I don't want to switch to coilovers.

And I would put UPR on my car before I went near those racelands.

Any specific examples you care to share?

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
examples of what...
Why Racelands are terrible. I made it bold on your post that I quoted. I cannot stand UPR because they copy and I have seen their parts fail multiple times. That said, it intrigues me to know how and what makes racelands so much worse.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why Racelands are terrible. I made it bold on your post that I quoted. I cannot stand UPR because they copy and I have seen their parts fail multiple times. That said, it intrigues me to know how and what makes racelands so much worse.

I never said they're terrible. I just said I'd pick UPR over raceland.

Main reason being raceland gives you a fixed spring rate. 220/250. That's too soft for my car so at least if I went with UPR I would have the luxury of picking the right spring rate for my applicationg. Also, their rear coilover is not even a real coilover. It's just a spring with an adjustable perch. They give you new shocks which you don't need. Waste of money. Finally, they are great for a street car, but I wouldn't bother putting them on a track car. They are way too soft. There's a reason they cost $450 for a complete front to back kit. They also first came out with a kit to be used with stock cc plates. That's asking for trouble. Did I mention they are advertised as a 3" drop max? That's pussy shit.

Racelands may be for some people, but they are definitely not for me.

And UPR is definitely not a great brand either. All I have is their x-pipe and its fitment is poor. I was just throwing out there that I'd rather go with UPR than racelands.
Thankfully for my car, I went with neither of those 2 brands.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I never said they're terrible. I just said I'd pick UPR over raceland.

Main reason being raceland gives you a fixed spring rate. 220/250. That's too soft for me car so at least if I went with UPR I would have the luxury of picking the right spring rate.
Also, their rear coilover is not nowhere near a coilover. It's just a spring with an adjustable perch. They give you new shocks which you don't need. Waste of money.
Finally, they are great for a street car, but I wouldn't bother putting them on a track car. There's a reason they cost $450 for a complete front to back kit.

Did I mention they are advertised as a 3" drop max? That's pussy shit.

Racelands may be for some people, but they are definitely not for me.

And UPR is definitely not a great brand either. All I have is their x-pipe and it's fitment is poor. I was just throwing out there that I'd rather go with UPR than racelands.
Thankfully for my car, I went with neither of those 2 brands.

I see. Good info. I certainly gathered from your first post you didn't think they were quality so maybe terrible were my own words.

Wouldn't you need a shock designed for lower ride height for the rears though? If you have height adjustability and do lower it stock shocks wouldn't work.

I'm learning about coil overs so forgive me here, but wouldn't you be able to purchase different springs for the race lands like you can every other brand?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I see. Good info. I certainly gathered from your first post you didn't think they were quality so maybe terrible were my own words.
Wouldn't you need a shock designed for lower ride height for the rears though? If you have height adjustability and do lower it stock shocks wouldn't work.
I'm learning about coil overs so forgive me here, but wouldn't you be able to purchase different springs for the race lands like you can every other brand?

Yes you would need a shock designed for a lowered car, but there are shocks out there far superior than the ones raceland makes (I'm assuming). You could for example get a nice set of bilsteins or strang 10 way adjustables for the rear. The fact that their kit comes as a whole limits what you can put on your car without having to spend extra money.

And I'm not exactly sure if you can purchase a different spring. On most coilover kits yes, but you would have to call raceland to figure out the diameter of the spring their kit comes with to see if it's the same as the other mustang coilover kits. I'm almost 100% sure that their rear springs are wider as they are more of a stock spring replacement and not a over-the-shock application.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
So I got this tokico setup on the car. Springs are red, and dampeners are blue. They feel ok. Nothing like what I'm used to for an ideal street/track set up but a good starting point for getting my alignment done at the right height. Just need to order a bump steer kit. These would be nice if they were just a little stiffer.

9838stang

Reaction score
ur car is a coupe and a v6. So weight plays a factor too. I know for a vert' those springs will drop the car 2" and 1.6" according to AM. Also did u remove the spacers from the ball joints and removing all the isos? Those will def. drop u another inch almost all around.
Approximately 200lbs. between a gt and a v6 coupe wouldn't be much difference. At least an inch of height difference. Plus look at american muscles sight plus any others that sell h&r ss springs.ask slow90coupe or any others that have these springs.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Approximately 200lbs. between a gt and a v6 coupe wouldn't be much difference. At least an inch of height difference. Plus look at american muscles sight plus any others that sell h&r ss springs.ask slow90coupe or any others that have these springs.

Remove ur iso's and balljoint spacers and u will drop ur car an inch all around. And 200lbs is a lot of weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online