Tokico HP series?

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Anyone that has experience with these LMK how you liked them and if you needed to cutbanybcoils off. I've had so many sets of "lowering" springs that barely lowered my car. I have a deal with a guy that if I switch his brand new tokico HP springs and shocks back to his stock stuff hell give me all the tokico suspension. He says he thinks it's too low. I'm def going to do it but I'd like to know how they perform. I want coil overs eventually but maybe these will suffice.

9838stang

Reaction score
they are what i have! I love them! they make the ride feel pretty good for a lowered car! I havent had any complaints about them

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
they are what i have! I love them! they make the ride feel pretty good for a lowered car! I havent had any complaints about them

Sweet. I don't need anymore convincing than knowing they're what's on your car. Did you need to cut any coils cause your ride has a nice stance. You got the shocks and springs together?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Tokico springs or their dampers?

9838stang

Reaction score
i think he is talking about the tokico hp struts. or tokico blues. [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION]

I haven't cut any of the coil off of my car. I do have the steeda x2 ball joints up front. I love the stance of it but i kinda wanna go lower up front. I am looking at front coilovers for the car right now.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
i think he is talking about the tokico hp struts. or tokico blues. Ferocious

I haven't cut any of the coil off of my car. I do have the steeda x2 ball joints up front. I love the stance of it but i kinda wanna go lower up front. I am looking at front coilovers for the car right now.

Yes they are blue. He said he bought them as a kit and that the shocks are matched to the springs. That's all I know. I may use these and depending on how they handle on the track just get front coil overs for the ride height adjustment.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
i think he is talking about the tokico hp struts. or tokico blues. Ferocious

And check these out. I had em on my fox body. Great price and were awesome. They do make a 94-04 set. Same price.
http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/ford-coilover-kits/ford-mustang-coilovers-1979-1993.html

9838stang

Reaction score
From what i am told by Maximum Motorsports, they say that these shocks are to soft for the coil over. but i know of a few people including [MENTION=16454]slow90coupe[/MENTION] who has them and is using coilovers. but he had the upr set up. which i may go with anyway since a bunch of other have that set up.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't even aware Tokico made springs.

I have their HP shocks on the rear of mine and they handle well when my LCA's are maxed out for maximum ride height. However when I lower the rear end, they can't handle the spring rate and are very bouncy. I'm probably gonna go with a custom setup in the rear as I don't want to switch to coilovers.

And I would put UPR on my car before I went near those racelands.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
From what i am told by Maximum Motorsports, they say that these shocks are to soft for the coil over. but i know of a few people including slow90coupe who has them and is using coilovers. but he had the upr set up. which i may go with anyway since a bunch of other have that set up.

Well im a big auto-crosser so once the season begins I can fail the car in. We'll see how it works out. I've found that poly bushings on everything and the right sway bars are the key. Sometimes a little soft is ok for transfer. I had my fox set up where I could run through a solemn as fast as a miata.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Lol DIAL* the car in. Not fail. Hah.

I have their HP shocks on the rear of mine and they handle well when my LCA's are maxed out for maximum ride height. However when I lower the rear end, they can't handle the spring rate and are very bouncy. I'm probably gonna go with a custom setup in the rear as I don't want to switch to coilovers.

The race lands were good. But my fox was only 2800lbs or so with me in it. Apparently they do make springs or this guy is just talking out his ass. I hope not. But I'm gonna start with the tokico and some steeds swaybars then go from there. Thanks for the heads up on the Racelands on SNs.

9838stang

Reaction score

From what i have read the rear shocks cant handle the coilovers but a couple of people have done it and have had no issues. I am thinking of either single or double adjustables for the rear is such a thing exists lol. A buddy had QA1 singles on the rear of his fox and he said they are the best thing he had had. he also has them set up for coil overs. Be he is switching it up again and going for more of a straight line set up.So i might get them for pretty cheap.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I hate those shocks. Tossed two sets in the trash each after only 3 months of use with my H&R SS springs which are pretty stiff. I now consider them junk.

9838stang

Reaction score
So what are you running now? [MENTION=13702]1997GT4.6[/MENTION]. i have had mine for over 3 years no issues

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I hate those shocks. Tossed two sets in the trash each after only 3 months of use with my H&R SS springs which are pretty stiff. I now consider them junk.

Dayum... That bad?? Maybe that's why AM doesn't offer them anymore and why this dude is basically giving them to me.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I searched google for 94-04 gt tokico hp series. American muscle had a link on the google page but when I clicked it the AM page said they were no longer available. So idk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online