Too late to SC?

96 Stang

Reaction score
Lately I've been cravin more power......my basic v6 isnt cuttin it anymore

I have 105k miles on it...... think its too late to put in a S/C?

Suggestions please.

Downshift

Reaction score
Im not trying to hate on your V6 so you dont take it the wrong way, Im just curious. Why do you want to mod out a v6? For the money of a SC and selling your car you could probably find a v8? Just wondering man.

To answer your orignal question though, as long as there are no obvious signs of the engine being almost dead like spun bearing or anything like that I would say do a Compression test and tune up and if everything comes up fine then go for it. O0

i_drive_stangs

Reaction score
i would rather have a v6 than a v8 just to make ppl ask why? and the answer is because it is different. it is easy to make a v8 fast, but to make a v6 fast it takes something special.

OP
OP

96 Stang

Reaction score
dont get me wrong I've thought about selling it and getting a GT....but I just did a lot of body work to my car, new rims, new tires, new paint and my car is lookin TDF right now

I love it

I am re doing the ENTIRE interior this summer....other than that my car will be completely sound

plus....wouldnt it be nice to have a supercharged v6 with maybe some boost and smoke a gt ;) hahhaa

i dono if ill do it, ive been so tempted with selling it and saving to get a GT or a MACH....but bah i love my car...i dont think id be able to let it go....so id like to get the most i can out of it :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sure, it's never to late, plus you could always sell the blower later if you wanted to. used blowers for mustangs are like free candy.

I hear you on liking your car, and going for it. I did the same with mine. Looked seriously into getting a Cobra,
but I really liked my car, and it's in perfect condition. So I decided to keep it and bring on the mods.

Slap a blower on yours. Go for the power mod, I put mine off for years.
If your motor gives out, you could rebuild it stronger, and boost it up.
or you could swap a v8 into it later on.
it's like Voltron.

Let us know how the interior goes for ya.

OP
OP

96 Stang

Reaction score
ya ive actually been debating doin a cobra engine swap right now too

i get all my work done at STANGWERKS ( http://www.myspace.com/stangwerks ) they specialize in....well.... mustangs and the guy is a genious there
he has so many nice cars and so many award winning stangs

so ive thought about doin a cobra engine swap..... but i guess i might as well try and get a blower and s/c my 3.8 now....and if it blows, do what i can to get a v8 engine in it and then add on the blower and s/c that already i have purchased! :thumb: hahah

we'll see how it goes

and for the custom interior, just a glimpse of what it will be like... or an idea more or less
the seats will be two tone, a dark dark gray, almost black, leather on the outsides of the seats and then a dark blue suade like material on the inside (these two colors come from the colors on my car, a gun metal on the hood and into the sidescoops and then the blue thats on my car) it should be quite the looker....however i am desperate for some power now

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a good looking combo.

You'll love the blower on there.
if you swap platforms, you can sell it used on a number of forums, or ebay.
that's the free candy part, musang owners love used performance parts.

Are you going to post up build pics?

OP
OP

96 Stang

Reaction score
ya of course i will

i may have to hold off a month or two while i save up to buy the s/c and blower but still...when the time comes ill be takin pix throughout the process of re doin my engine and interior

we'll see how much power i can get out of this v6 :)

btw avatar gives me an el oh el each time i see it haha

95mustangsc

Reaction score
I own a 98 cobra and a fully built supercharged 95 v6 and my v6 has around 160,000 miles on it and it will dominate terminators so it is not too late and im running 15lbs of boost hoping to bump to 25lbs and a 200 shot

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
95mustangsc said:
I own a 98 cobra and a fully built supercharged 95 v6 and my v6 has around 160,000 miles on it and it will dominate terminators so it is not too late and im running 15lbs of boost hoping to bump to 25lbs and a 200 shot
what type of blower? what kinda numbers are you puttin down?

95mustangsc

Reaction score
eaton m90 roots blower and i have not had it dynoed as of yet i am waiting to finish everything else on it. such as installing my race heads which i have just dont have time to install and all my internals which i have to buy.

dont be fooled by ebay m90 kits i was and payed alot to do a top end swap people say they do them all the time but if you actually ask them all they did was a motor swap i did a top end swap and it took me over 200 man hours to customize everything to work properly

dapack69

Reaction score
When I first put a blower on my car I had 106,000 miles on it. At 111,000 I was buying a built shortblock. As long you keep the boost at a dependable level and your tune is dead on, you should not have any problems. Start saving up for a new engine any way.

NERD

Reaction score
It's NEVER too late to supercharge! 200k plus doesn't matter!