Took my tips and tailpipes off

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds so much freaking better. You can actually hear the unqiue tone from the muffler inside the car. Its deep as hell and when your coming to a stop and your rpm falls into the BLAT drone zone you feel a nice vibration on your butt. So e very stop i come to i actually get a new type of response from my car. Now it actually feels like im driving a muscle car.. loud enough to vibrate you.

I was telling my bud the other day i change my exhaust for me and not for the people outside to hear. Whenever i would switch muffler it would sound the same inside, but different outside. Ok, why outside? Its not like im outside to hear my car drive. So anyways its a softer tone down low and at idle b/c its exiting @ the axle, but its deeper also and has a **** load of tone. I might dump it the real way soon with turn downs that way its deeper because right now the exhaust exits at the axle and the sound has away to travel before it gets to the ground to vibrate. Also, for emissions i can put the tail pipes back on by bolting 6 nuts in like 10 minutes ;] even though they use the obii computer scanner its better to be safe that sorry.

1 CON

It looks like a damn V6 from the back now I need some 315 tires so it stands out from the v6s. Now that the tips are gone i might have to remove the wing

So, yes everyone who can remove the tip/tailpipes from car than do it. Its worth it. :noes:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
blah.... it just sounds better inside the car now.

thats the point :boink: :boink: No idea how it sounds outside now, but it sure does sound great on the inside. Im sure you can hear alot of tone from behind the still.

and heres my freaking exhaust idol.. *Creams* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwquxKc1gvI

got damn it sounds so good!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
that being loud enough to vibrate you will get OLD after a while........trust me ;D ;D

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
that being loud enough to vibrate you will get OLD after a while........trust me ;D ;D
:dunno: It only does thatwhen im coming to a stop though. Its still to quiet to me and thats with the o/r H. Think i might need some longtubes, but noway im buying that.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Twista said:
Snakebit said:
:dunno: It only does thatwhen im coming to a stop though. Its still to quiet to me and thats with the o/r H. Think i might need some longtubes, but noway im buying that.

You put long tubes on that bad boy and you will know what LOUD is with that off road h :D :D

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Twista said:
Snakebit said:

You put long tubes on that bad boy and you will know what LOUD is with that off road h :D :D
;D Shit, man i want my car alot louder, but LT headers i cant switch out for inspections like i can the o/r H. Plus, i dont have a catted h that fits longtubes. But, yes dude longtubes would make this car sound like a monster... alot of bark with a poodles bite :noes:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
You have hard inspections where you live? We just got the OBD II here in NC, but my car has a catted x on it so I pass that anyway, and I do have long tubes but to be honest I dont even know if they are illegal here or not :-\. Anyway where I go, I know all the guys and they have never said any thing to me so its cool 8)

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
You have hard inspections where you live? We just got the OBD II here in NC, but my car has a catted x on it so I pass that anyway, and I do have long tubes but to be honest I dont even know if they are illegal here or not :-\. Anyway where I go, I know all the guys and they have never said any thing to me so its cool 8)

Nope, its rather easy here.. OBD II for 96+ cars here also. i know LT will change the sound, but im mainly going for my idle now :noes: and that would be some loud lopy cams. *waits for dfg pimping to comment on that part*

286H Comp Cams im thinkg about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZwsQUdVB8U

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Twista said:
Snakebit said:

Nope, its rather easy here.. OBD II for 96+ cars here also. i know LT will change the sound, but im mainly going for my idle now :noes: and that would be some loud lopy cams. *waits for dfg pimping to comment on that part*

you could pull off a vac hose and get that lope ( miss ) sound :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Twista said:
Snakebit said:

you could pull off a vac hose and get that lope ( miss ) sound :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

ROFL, noway thats closer to a ricer than i want to be. Your thinking of that red GT video @ that car show. It sounded good, but ill pass :p

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
it's too quiet, get some SLPs...
kekekegay.gif

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Oh man, i dont know why i didnt get rid of my tail pipes sooner. MY car sounds so freaking great now... it sounds like a mean machine ;]
sounds like this, but deeper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwquxKc1gvI

and holy shit.. its the sound i been looking for... ever since i had the car. I brought all these setups looking to find that sound, but the reason i couldnt get it is because of the tailpipes! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

theres so much tone is crazy.

Tailpipes and tips are lame :boink:

sounds like rolling thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boink: ;D

Kornnut

Reaction score
Twista said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
it's too quiet, get some SLPs...
kekekegay.gif

i got some slp mufflers :naughty: just not welded on.

Forget the slp pro flo mufflers and get the LM1 resnators then dump them. Thats what I did.

95Boss

Reaction score
I still prefer the look of two chrome pipes out back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online