Torque converter and fuel system!

kid rock

Reaction score
Hello guys,

double barrel question from me here:

1) the whole RWD auto V8 mustang is still new to me (only had car 8 months) but when i got the car i knew nothing of torque converters but mine NEVER used to lock up (the car came from japan so didnt get much high gear use) then when i hit the speed limiter one day it started locking unlocking!

sometimes it seems normal to how it works (from what ive read and heard from people) but it doesnt seem quite right! could sombody give me a begineers run down of torque converters?

Can they be fixed?
Can a pro take them apart and look at the internals?
How should it be behaving? when i brake? what gears? what rpm/speed it should lock un lock?
Does accelerating/braking/decelerating affect it? if so what should it do?

and any other useful info please?

fuel system!

How do i check its working properly? apart from checking the fuel filter, because dont modern fuel systems run at mega high PSI?

Can a garage attach some sort of gadget to it to see if its working at the correct pressure?

how hard is it to change the fuel pump if so? its in the tank right?

sorry for the long one guys

Si

P.S

i have a 98 GT auto V8

and if at a stand still and in N or P if you rev the car mine goes up and when it comes down it goes just below 500rpm sounds really faint and then springs up again all very quickly! this right? or am i being paranoid cos i can hear it now without my cats!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Truuble is the guy that might be able to help you with this...........shoot him a PM, hes a nice guy :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online