Total BS customer service from Stang Mods

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Well fellas, its never a good time when you have to deal with bad customer service, no not bad horrible. But i feel like it is our duty to share our experiences with everyone so it can be taken into consideration when purchasing from them. The company in question is stang mods and the part in question is a MAC o/r x pipe. On November 30th the order was placed for said part. As I patiently waited without any email or phone confirmation from Stang Mods and received nothing I decided it was about time to give them a call. The day I first attempted to call them was December 22nd and after they wouldn't answer their phone or email messages I was finally able to get ahold of someone. He stated that the product was to ship that week. Fast forward to today, January 13th, still no email notification or said product!!!
I think this is a bit ridiculous in my opinion especially the lack of customer service. FYI the part is not on backorder, there website says it is "in stock" and usually ships within 24 hours.

Link to said product...
http://www.stangmods.com/MAC-Off-Road-X-Pipe-X9920-p/00884.htm

Untitled_zps888ca290.jpg

I will give them to the end of the day to be in contact with me ( i left them a voicemail and email) before i dispute it on my card... This is such a shame.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Update::

After 10 calls in a row we finally got someone to answer. They said the part is on backorder even though it doesn't reflect that on their website. At the end of the day if i would have known that from the get go instead of the lack of customer support they gave us then this story would have been a bit different. Anywho, we got our money refunded and I am now in search of a new x pipe.

::end rant::

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've ordered countless parts that were listed 'in stock' but were not available at the time from numerous sites. I don't expect online stores to be up to date on every single item in inventory anymore. Even large stores like Summit and Jegs have screwed me over on this when I've ordered parts. I prefer to call in before placing an order nowadays to make sure that part is in stock if it's large/expensive.

Regardless, glad you got your money back and they finally answered.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I've ordered countless parts that were listed 'in stock' but were not available at the time from numerous sites. I don't expect online stores to be up to date on every single item in inventory anymore. Even large stores like Summit and Jegs have screwed me over on this when I've ordered parts. I prefer to call in before placing an order nowadays to make sure that part is in stock if it's large/expensive.

Regardless, glad you got your money back and they finally answered.

Very true, I order a majority of my stuff from am and LMR and they seem to be on top of it. Next time ill call..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC the owner of Stangmods is a guy named Matt and was just a one man operation but that was a decade ago. I bought my first set of HIDs there and when I had issues he was really quick to set it right. Maybe with his expansion it is more than he can handle if he even still owns the company.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with them in the past but it was close to 10 years ago ant their customer service was top notch, sad to hear that it has gone down hill...

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
IIRC the owner of Stangmods is a guy named Matt and was just a one man operation but that was a decade ago. I bought my first set of HIDs there and when I had issues he was really quick to set it right. Maybe with his expansion it is more than he can handle if he even still owns the company.

The who I spoke with over the phone in december and today was named Matt. Maybe a coincidence.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Probably the same guy, he was a fellow member who was on corral back in the 90's early 2000's and started a company. I bought a few things over the years but usually found the stuff cheaper somewhere else.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sure its possible for a place to list it in stock and maybe they sold the last one right before you ordered yours but I would expect an email saying its back ordered and possibly a date when they would be in.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
sure its possible for a place to list it in stock and maybe they sold the last one right before you ordered yours but I would expect an email saying its back ordered and possibly a date when they would be in.

yeah true.. it has said it is in stock since i ordered it aswell... still to this day..

but oh well..

On another note does anyone have any good recommendations on x pipes??

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Geez, thats pretty bad.

It's one thing if its back ordered, annoying but shit happens.

It drives me insane when people won't answer emails. Emails is my favorite way of communication since both people don't have to be available at the same time and you have a nice written trail of communication. Unfortunately that seems to be the hardest thing for a company to do...

You know its bad when a company won't answer their phones...

Then it also seems like they had no idea what was happening since they told you it was shipped.. either they lied to you or they had no idea what was happening lol.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Listing products for sale on an eCommerce site and not actually having them in stock is bullshit. All major shopping cart scripts have the ability to make a product "unavailable" when somebody places an order for the last one.

This is either a case of poor inventory management, or just laziness.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah true.. it has said it is in stock since i ordered it aswell... still to this day..

but oh well..

On another note does anyone have any good recommendations on x pipes??

Sure I love my magnaflow high-flow catted X but what I really loved about it was finding it for $80 on craigslist with out a mark on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online