Toyota ft1 concept

brenden96911

Reaction score
There's something to it that just isn't right besides the front. I saw a pic of a different Supra concept someone rendered a week ago from a friend and it looked decent. But if this did turn into a Supra successor, I wouldn't be surprised, seems like something Toyota would do.

kb1982

Reaction score
Looks like they stole the front design from a Ferrari Enzo. Looks like a b**chin supercar to me.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
See i love the brz.
I like some of the rear of this car. The front is just... I have no words for it. :thumbsdown:

This. I actually like the car. The front I'm not a fan of though. Too F1 looking. It's like it's trying to be an Enzo.

I like you guys :) To each his own, but for me, personally, I still want my flying car. And if that means car styling that looks futuristic, then about damn time. If you think about it for a second, a car could have almost any styling. Imagine that for a second...you are on the road, and cars look like all sorts of weird and different styling. How cool would that be? It would be like the 40's or 50's where manufactures were messing around with fins and shit, talk about different. Instead of seeing the same damn car on the road every day, there would actually be some variety. I think that would be a good thing. Everyone always talks about the future, and movies show the future, and books describe it, blah blah. Time to stop talking about it and effing do it :D

But don't worry fellas, if it's like 99% of the other concept cars out there that get turned into production models, it will be completely boring-ed down for mass production.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Looks like a Viper had a three way with a Bugatti and an F1 car.

What the **** is that... Looks like part Viper, part Ferrari Enzo and part i have no ****ing clue what Toyota was thinking..

I think it looks pretty sick also, kinda like a TVR on roids. I think it would turn head like crazy. I wish more cars were radical like this, shows thinking outside the box instead of yet another car that people will complain about looking like other cars on the road.

Looks like they stole the front design from a Ferrari Enzo. Looks like a b**chin supercar to me.

Every thought of what DNA splicing had been done to create the FT1 had been mentioned :rofl:

Way to steal my thoughts before I had thought them up guys!

ProKiller

Reaction score
i think it looks freakin bad ass. it will smooth out if it actually comes into production. i can't see that front end surviving normal driving conditions.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Herp derp it looks too cool, I can't handle it, where's my corrolla herp derp

This car is sick, reminds me a lot of a TVR like Onyx said. Concepts are always radical, but I don't think it'd take a whole whole lot to make this more production ready.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
why dont they just PUT A DECENT ENGINE IN THE BRZ???????

seriously even if they had to stretch the chassis a little bit, a 400-500hp TT I6 would put it at the top of its class, possibly competing with GT-R's due to its low weight.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
i think it looks freakin bad ass. it will smooth out if it actually comes into production. i can't see that front end surviving normal driving conditions.

I think it looks awesome too. I bet that will be close to a 100k car. Not coming until 2019.. So normal driving conditions will be a moot point with that car.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think it looks awesome too. I bet that will be close to a 100k car. Not coming until 2019.. So normal driving conditions will be a moot point with that car.

I doubt Toyota will be selling a 100k car under that nameplate, thats what they have Lexus for.

ProKiller

Reaction score
I doubt Toyota will be selling a 100k car under that nameplate, thats what they have Lexus for.

possibly, but then so does nissan with infiniti and they sell it as a nissan GTR.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
possibly, but then so does nissan with infiniti and they sell it as a nissan GTR.

I guess I see the Nissan/Infiniti thing as more of Infiniti JUST being the luxury division. Off the top of my head, I can't really think of any sporty Infiniti's besides the G35/37 which is just a fat Z car. Lexus on the other hand has the whole F line and has sort of always had it's foot in sportier cars too I guess. They had the SC cars, the IS300, LFA, the F series car, the new RC F is a badass car. Either way, I don't think the FT-1 is something that is planned to go into development so much as it is a car for them to flex their muscle, show what they can do, and give us some insight and get feedback on the direction they're planning on going with future cars like the fabled future Supra. I feel like when they create the Supra, it's not going to be a super exotic hypercar, so much as just a really nice aggressive sports car in a competitive higher bracket price range. FR-S has them covered for the entry level car, something like the RCF will be at the top, and I think the Supra would fit in between the two.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Toyota never claimed the car pictured above to be the Supra. That's the websites interpretation.
This car could make it into production.

Sent from some device in my hands. Like a bauss

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online