Toyota tundras

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I started knocking tundras in another thread , so I decided to make a thread about them here to continue the discussion further ... I've just seen they're plain out not up to par with the rest . They look hard core overloaded doing the easiest of tasks regularly ... Oh did I mention they're a eye sore ... They really did it right with the Tacoma but damn the 1/2 ton looks like a beat up transvestite.

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Tundras are nice to look at. I don't like a few of the exterior changes made in 2012 but I like the overall look of them. And so far, having used a tundra for the past seven years as a work truck, I can say that they good up remarkably well.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tundras are awful and ugly.
Somebody post the test videos of the tundra! The speed bump one is hilarious!

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

Lol I've seen it in real life I was following one and after seeing that video I was paying attention to him hitting bumps and when he went over some train tracks god damn it was hilarious .

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I saw the video I was like holy shit. But then I started thinking what do domestic trucks look like? I found the same test video and the domestic trucks are completely stiff! The difference is incredible!

If you want a truck, buy a truck.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

This one? lmao

[video=youtube;p1LO6uxy11I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1LO6uxy11I[/video]

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I've also witnessed the Tundra in action. Lmfao. Truck. Please. Biggest pile of bolts around. And if you drive it too much it becomes an even bigger pile of bolts. Toyota needs to give it up with this piece of shit.

Wichers123

Reaction score
So your whole judgement on the tundra is because the rear flexes?
Kyle? The tundra has very little problems, we see them for a common problem but other than that the truck has no real issues.

Mustanger

Reaction score
can't beat perfection & my 02 f150 has been perfection and am closing in on 200,000 miles...I tow a 25ft trailer often too. Plus Ford dealers don't have spare frames hanging on the wall in the parts room!

Can't we keep ONE area reserved for truly AMERICAN trucks?

4x4Snow002-2.jpg

07-06159.jpg

LakwLouise05003-1.jpg

LakwLouise05010.jpg

Wichers123

Reaction score
can't beat perfection & my 02 f150 has been perfection and am closing in on 200,000 miles...I tow a 25ft trailer often too. Plus Ford dealers don't have spare frames hanging on the wall in the parts room!

Can't we keep ONE area reserved for truly AMERICAN trucks?
We have never done a frame nor will we ever but I did hear Chevy down the street has been doing some here and there. Look guys Toyotas not the end all be all truck but it is a good truck. Down here in the south the tundra is a big player in the truck scene. We have a few here in my area that pull big loads, use as work trucks and no complaints from these people.

Mustard you just compared a 1ton to 1/2 ton truck. In my mind that flex is perfectly normal.the design idea behind that is to keep all the wheels on the ground. The flex has nothing to do with the design of towing or truck load capacity. C channel frames will flex like that no matter what truck you put it under.

Btw this did happen. Just smiled and pulled along.
toyota-tundra-and-space-shuttle.jpg

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a dick ... I'm just stating facts I would take any of the domestic trucks over a hideous looking tundra ... The interiors are ugly the exterior is ugly , the crew cabs are ugly the way the long box is with the wheel base it has just looks plain ridiculous ...

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
And I was referring to 1/2tons in my previous post ... I'll never own a 1/2 ton again because I want that diesel torque to pull cars trucks etc and actually work... Putting some tools in the back doesn't really count as a work truck to me

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Sure they may be ugly, but you can't knock the reliability of these things. They will go and go and go forever if taken care of. I changed the oil on a 2000-ish Tundra this week. The thing had 500,000 miles on it. I know nothing about their towing abilities, but as a dd, they're great.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... Tundras get put into the same box as Honda ridge line.

That box belongs in the garbage. Lol

I've never seen any import truck do work. All the tundras and titans I see at most haul a boat. The titans I think are much better... Way better looking and was half decent to drive.

But if you want a truck... Buy domestic...

Tekton1377

Reaction score
And I was referring to 1/2tons in my previous post ... I'll never own a 1/2 ton again because I want that diesel torque to pull cars trucks etc and actually work... Putting some tools in the back doesn't really count as a work truck to me
How about loading the back up with tools and then pulling an 18 foot taller also loaded with tools and surfacing and a mixer more than a 1000 miles one way, then doing it again going the opposite way? Over and over for four years in a row? Cause my dad's tundra has done that. With no problems I might add. If you don't like the looks that's one thing but the truck deserves respect because it's reliable as shit and takes anything you throw at it.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
How about loading the back up with tools and then pulling an 18 foot taller also loaded with tools and surfacing and a mixer more than a 1000 miles one way, then doing it again going the opposite way? Over and over for four years in a row? Cause my dad's tundra has done that. With no problems I might add. If you don't like the looks that's one thing but the truck deserves respect because it's reliable as shit and takes anything you throw at it.

Im still not impressed the concrete guys on my site got a tundra in there line up and say it's crap. Good to know your proud of his Toyota ... I still stand behind my word they're crap ... Nothing you say will make me think tundras are respectable pick ups .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online