1bad95

Reaction score
I'll back up another american/american

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So do all you guys realize this "jap-truck" you're hating on was built in the USA? Pretty sure the whole drivetrain is still made stateside and the trucks are put together in Texas...

But regardless, they're not bad trucks by any means. I wouldn't own one simply because they're ridiculously massive and I'm not a super fan of the styling, but the people I know that own them are very pleased with them. And before you guys get all ruffled up and scream that they must all be sissy she-males, one of our regular customers who owns pretty much nothing but big-block Fords has a newer model Tundra for a daily. He has 2-3 460 duallys he uses to pull his lawn service around, races a ridiculous turbo Ranger, has a bunch of nasty cars including a massive stroked BBF 69 Mustang and a built BB 72 F100, and still hops in a Tundra for his run-around, go to town truck. One of my brother's best friends drove nothing but Z71s from the time he turned 16 until he hopped in a new Tundra and bought it and is still driving it today.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They're physically built in America but that's kinda like saying you physically bought your Samsung TV in America. Yeah, it was built here, but it ain't American.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tundra massive ? You smoke better weed then I do ... I don't even think my trucks massive ... It's a little long but by no means massive

Kinda massive

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They're physically built in America but that's kinda like saying you physically bought your Samsung TV in America. Yeah, it was built here, but it ain't American.

American hands put together an American designed truck for the American market. Besides the logo on the front, what isn't American about it? I'm sure there are plenty of parts shipped in from overseas, but so are parts for other domestic brands. If you have a problem with the logo, that's fine, more power to you, but there's a GM plant about 40 miles from me in one way, and a Toyota plant 40 miles in the other (that produces the engines for the Tundra among others BTW) and guess which one is doing stronger and hiring more people from my community. I would have 0 problem buying from an "over-seas" brand because nearly every major brand is world wide now and it's a lot harder to distinguish this as a Jap truck when it simply isn't.

Don't get it wrong, like I said before, I wouldn't own a Tundra. They're not for me. But then again, I've got a Silverado SS and a F250 in the driveway right now I could take if I needed a truck.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tundra massive ? You smoke better weed then I do ... I don't even think my trucks massive ... It's a little long but by no means massive

Kinda massive

Go park your truck next to a long bed crew cab Tundra. It's just as big as yours, I promise. I've had a 02 Ram and a 00 Powerstroke. Ram was a crew cab, short bed. F250 was a ext cab, short bed. Ram felt and looked bigger than the 7.3, Tundra parked next to my Ram made it look pretty average. They're fat trucks.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dude, all the trucks '07+ are HUGE in every aspect.

I guess so my truck looks dinky behind the f350 but that's before the leveling kit ...

As for gm I've owned tons, but 20 million recalls in 6 months yea I'll pass . There is honda plants and Nissan plants all over Canada and the US as well ... It's still Japanese stuff to me regardless if the plant is here . Silverado ss trucks were cool . I had one it was quick and I did a frame off resto on one :( ... Nothing you say will make me appreciate them ... Shit after the convo with the guy on my site who has one for a company truck his reply was never again ... Underpowered turd can't haul for shit blah blah .

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Go park your truck next to a long bed crew cab Tundra. It's just as big as yours, I promise. I've had a 02 Ram and a 00 Powerstroke. Ram was a crew cab, short bed. F250 was a ext cab, short bed. Ram felt and looked bigger than the 7.3, Tundra parked next to my Ram made it look pretty average. They're fat trucks.

That's not big to me ... a regular truck to me has a 8' bed anything smaller is a small truck to me or pleasure vehicle . I know tundras are a full sized half ton pickup doesn't mean it's massive

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's because even they don't want that garbage

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dude, all the trucks '07+ are HUGE in every aspect.

This is sooo true. They're so big they're almost unusable unless your towing a house. The bed rail is at least 5' hi which means everything needs to be loaded through the tailgate. And even that is 4' off the ground. Throw half dozen bags of cement into the bed and your ready for a break in the cab with a seat the size of your living room couch. And you better hope your load doesn't slide to the front of the bed.
Those 4 auto makers need to get the light duty trucks back down to reasonable size and classify the current behemoths as medium duty. Even the Tacoma has grown to the size of a full size truck from 15 years ago.
Sorry for the thread derailment.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is sooo true. They're so big they're almost unusable unless your towing a house. The bed rail is at least 5' hi which means everything needs to be loaded through the tailgate. And even that is 4' off the ground. Throw half dozen bags of cement into the bed and your ready for a break in the cab with a seat the size of your living room couch. And you better hope your load doesn't slide to the front of the bed.
Those 4 auto makers need to get the light duty trucks back down to reasonable size and classify the current behemoths as medium duty. Even the Tacoma has grown to the size of a full size truck from 15 years ago.
Sorry for the thread derailment.

The he tacomas is still a dinky little truck ... You guys are either midgets all trucks have had 6' or 8' foot box's for years ... I daily drive my 1 ton crew cab long box ... It's very useable

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
"Tundra is made in America"....

"Tundra is American".....

"Chevy/Ford/Dodge trucks suck"....

Really guys? Are these the points we're making in this thread? I think some of you need to dump off your mustangs and pick up some "American made Camry's"

What a joke. This is why our country is falling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online