Toyota tundras

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think some of you need to dump off your mustangs and pick up some "American made Camry's"

giphy.gif

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Does this qualify as "American Made Camry"? If so, where can I sign up?

Wichers123

Reaction score
"Tundra is made in America"....

"Tundra is American".....

"Chevy/Ford/Dodge trucks suck"....

Really guys? Are these the points we're making in this thread? I think some of you need to dump off your mustangs and pick up some "American made Camry's"

What a joke. This is why our country is falling
The reason our country is failing cause people want a free ride and don't want to work HARD for what they want.

I never said anything about about ford or Chevy, now Chrysler is just garbage. I hate to tell you fellas all makes and models will have problems at the rate of vehicles being produced the cars will have problems and not be perfect. To be blunt is all comes down to the dollar. If a company put all the good things of today's trucks that would be the end all be all truck.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll take my cummins over a duramaxx all day but I don't mind powerstrokes ... Real work trucks have solid front axles ... If I wanted a pre runner well that's a different story ifs all day ...

That camry is still still a Camry even with fancy wheels it looks like the guy pimped his moms car.

Wichers123

Reaction score
I'll take my cummins over a duramaxx all day but I don't mind powerstrokes ... Real work trucks have solid front axles ... If I wanted a pre runner well that's a different story ifs all day ...

That camry is still still a Camry even with fancy wheels it looks like the guy pimped his moms car.
What's really funny you think the big three created those engines. Lol the work trucks are built with industrial engines setup for civian use.

chevy is isuzu built
Ford is international built
dodge is cummins built

Toyota and nissan have have been working with cummins to build a n/a Eco friendly motor for the tundras and titans just wait your american trucks will soon be over shadowed.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol I know who makes the big 3 motors and international isn't making ford motors since the 7.3 . As for the cummins being in the 1/2 ton trucks cool it will be able to tow a car a little easier . They will never overshadow the big 3 when it comes to a real work horse

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
chevy is isuzu built
Ford is international built
dodge is cummins built

20uy929.jpg

They make the engines but they are completely separate companies. Putting a Cummins is a Chevy isn't cross-breeding because it's not Dodge. International in a Dodge, etc.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Lol I know who makes the big 3 motors and international isn't making ford motors since the 7.3 . As for the cummins being in the 1/2 ton trucks cool it will be able to tow a car a little easier . They will never overshadow the big 3 when it comes to a real work horse
Not true power strokes were international motors until 2011

6.0 was international

6.4 was international rebadged and emission restricted

6.7 Ford in house

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You guys don't k ow what you're talking about, THIS is as American and bacon layered grilled cheese along side a can of PBR.

*shaking my damn head in disgust*

uhe4ated.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
'merica.

I could careless where something comes from, but for trucks you really can't beat domestic.

RichV

Reaction score
Why do the Canucks call American trucks 'domestic'? Just curious. :D

Jap trucks will never have the following of domestic. IMO they are built cheap, and all make their towing HP/Tq #s at higher RPM which is not what you want. I looked at some Tundras for my company and was not impressed. Know some people towing with Tundra/Titan, probably more weight then they should for the wheelbase/weight/braking. Reliability seems to be OK, but even the Toyota has some big flaws in their V6 platforms, and the V8. But so does everyone else. But this is not the 80s anymore, American built is extremely reliable nowadays in anything.

Don't have anything against the imports, they just don't have a contender for the big boy pants yet. And their 'premium or loaded' just does not stack up to Ford, Dodge, or even GM IMO. Go drive a Toy/Nissan 1/2 ton fully loaded then do the same in a Dodge, Ford, or GM. Bet you'll want to buy the big 3.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I dunno :p because they are I guess.
North american in general. The "domestic" brands have been made very early on in Canada. Lots of production in the Ontario area close to Detroit.

The Canadian and American markets have always been very similar. I guess that's why we consider them domestic.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score

Jap trucks will never have the following of domestic. IMO they are built cheap, and all make their towing HP/Tq #s at higher RPM which is not what you want. I looked at some Tundras for my company and was not impressed. Know some people towing with Tundra/Titan, probably more weight then they should for the wheelbase/weight/braking. Reliability seems to be OK, but even the Toyota has some big flaws in their V6 platforms, and the V8. But so does everyone else. But this is not the 80s anymore, American built is extremely reliable nowadays in anything.

Don't have anything against the imports, they just don't have a contender for the big boy pants yet. And their 'premium or loaded' just does not stack up to Ford, Dodge, or even GM IMO. Go drive a Toy/Nissan 1/2 ton fully loaded then do the same in a Dodge, Ford, or GM. Bet you'll want to buy the big 3.
They're secretly American..... except those french bastards!!!!!

(I'm kidding BTW..... don't want start a civil war.... or a 3 way war giggidy)

Tekton1377

Reaction score
2uzetuty.jpg

Loaded the trailer up to go to El Paso this morning and had too much weight for the trailer. The trailer frame bent and we had to unload and find a different way. So we did this.
y7esyzuh.jpg

More than 5000 lbs in the bed and pulling a mixer. We'll see how it goes.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That doesn't look like 5k lbs in the bed of that thing by long shot . It's not even sagging

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my family rented one once to help my sister move, 80 miles sucked down half a tank of gas. 8 mpg and it wasn't even loaded down. wtf makes a truck you cant cruise comfortably at 80 in?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I had 2 tons of gravel in the bed of the 7.3 f350. Sure it sagged a bit but it wasn't too bad. Let's see your beloved jap crap do that

Tekton1377

Reaction score
[MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] I just drove from Dallas to sweet water on 3/4 of a tank loaded down exactly as in my last post. Don't know how you wasted half a tank in 80 miles. [MENTION=16906]KillNThrill24[/MENTION] No s#!/ Sherlock! Of course your F350 is gonna be able to out haul my tundra. Same as my dad's F250 will out haul it. That's a completely different class of truck. Or did you forget that my jap crap is only a 1/2 ton truck?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online