Toyota tundras

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What were saying is we're not impressed by you overloading your tundra ... With that being said keep overworking that thing and telling everyone how awesome it is .... Everyone would love to hear it ... Said no one ever .

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Thanks for the mention tho it's much appreciated. LOL goodluck with that pile of shit I'll keep driving a real truck ;)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, maybe it was a lemon, but most people I know with one regularly complain about the mileage. maybe you're just lucky? lol

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
They drink gas like no other ... The Toyota badge makes it awesome you know .

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Meh, maybe it was a lemon, but most people I know with one regularly complain about the mileage. maybe you're just lucky? lol
Personally our tundras do pretty well on mpg. Both of the ones we own are the 5.7 v8 and they get around 21 cruising down the highway. City driving is more like 16 depending on traffic. We've never had a problem with the mpg. Maybe we did get lucky. I'll ask my uncle what his mpg is and see if it's around the same.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I will say, it was the small V8, which may not have enough mmph to move the truck around

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Milage shit . The 1 ton gets killer milage good old 6 cylinder lol

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I'm so late to this thread lol I don't understand anybody who could like an import pick up especially when we have the amazing ones right here in this country, best picture I got off my friends ford pick up pulling a 2013 boss 302 and an originally 60s Shelby cobra from North Texas all the way down to alpine for the Terlingua event not an issue the whole as I followed in the Shelby also in the pic :D

egu8ava7.jpg

punched281

Reaction score
A truck with a timing belt...... no thanks

Although my dad has one, nice vehicle but personally would never pay money for one. Not when I can go buy something else.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i wouldnt buy one for hard use, but as a DD i would...

that being said, who buys a truck for DD use? :p LOL.

Their transmissions cost as much as a house to repair/rebuild, plus they dropped in some steep gears to make up for the lack of low-end the things make.......

and, i just learned reading this thread, that they have a timing belt. el oh el.

Tekton1377

Reaction score

Their transmissions cost as much as a house to repair/rebuild, plus they dropped in some steep gears to make up for the lack of low-end the things make.......

and, i just learned reading this thread, that they have a timing belt. el oh el.
Hey!!!!! :mad: my mother DD's a truck! Grrr
As for the lack of low end I don't know what you're talking about. Never had that problem. Never replaced or repaired the tranny either. Nor do I ever want to have to.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey!!!!! :mad: my mother DD's a truck! Grrr
As for the lack of low end I don't know what you're talking about. Never had that problem. Never replaced or repaired the tranny either. Nor do I ever want to have to.

well your mother is a lovely lady :)

lol.

i dont mean to shit on any one's ride... everyone has different tastes. I just wouldnt put my money towards one.

My neighbor's tundra struggled to pull a bush out of the ground..... *shrug*

Wichers123

Reaction score

08 was the last year for the 4.7l, the 4.6l and 5.7l is timing chain dohc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online