TPS help

c3pbro

Reaction score
Ok so car was running bad so I cleaned the IAC, still wasn't right so I swapped the TPS...now it won't start. I have it set to .99 volts and no dice. I read that it could be between .53 and 1.23 but my tps won't adjust any further then .97-1.09. I'm completely stumped at this point.

ShiftinGT

Reaction score
Have you tried swapping the old one back in? How about disconnecting the battery and then trying again?

OP
OP
C

c3pbro

Reaction score
I disconnected it when I swapped it but it seriously took me 30 seconds to change them so I'm thinking it wasn't long enough? I'm gonna leave it off for a bit while I charge the battery, I was messing with it for so long I killed the battery

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Something else is going on. Maybe the new tps is faulty? Installing a new tps (that is good) will not give a no start fault. Also, the tps is self calibrating. Meaning, you install it with the battery off, hook the battery up and the tps will go to base setting when you turn the key on. Adjusting it does nothing. Put your old tps back on and try again.

OP
OP
C

c3pbro

Reaction score
Installed the new one and left the battery disconnected for about an hour and connected it, no dice. It just cranks. So I am trying the old one, not sure how long to leave it disconnected for though. Is an hour not long enough?

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Installed the new one and left the battery disconnected for about an hour and connected it, no dice. It just cranks. So I am trying the old one, not sure how long to leave it disconnected for though. Is an hour not long enough?

When I changed the tps on my car, I only left the battery unplugged for 10 minutes and it worked out fine.

OP
OP
C

c3pbro

Reaction score
Put the old one on, it's been about 45 min and nothng. It just cranks.

OP
OP
C

c3pbro

Reaction score
Bama wrote the pats out in the tune. What Fuze runs the tps?

All the fuses look good, so being curious I checked the dtc with my tuner, still got the computer error p0602, so I cleared it and returned the computer to stock. No start so I checked dtc's and it can't read the computer. I put one of the tunes back and I got the p0602 error again. Think a fried computer?

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Bama wrote the pats out in the tune. What Fuze runs the tps?

All the fuses look good, so being curious I checked the dtc with my tuner, still got the computer error p0602, so I cleared it and returned the computer to stock. No start so I checked dtc's and it can't read the computer. I put one of the tunes back and I got the p0602 error again. Think a fried computer?

No fuse for the TPS, it's just a good check to perform. The symptoms you're describing sound like a corrupted computer to me. Do you have a spare fuse for the TPS, it's just a good check to perform. The symptoms you're describing sound like a corrupted computer to me you can try? And if I remember correctly, the computers I deal with at work have a code p0602 and its the death code for us. Trpubleshooting book says is the code present, if yes, replace computer. Might be what you are dealing with here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online