OP
G

GREG@SN95

scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
get your ground from the TPS not the block.

why does it matter?
I dont know, but the way to check the tps according to the manual doesnt say check it like that

It doesn't matter.... I don't feel like cutting up 2 wires when I ain't gotta...
holy crap Greg...why would you cut any wires???? you take two needles and push them into the harness plug then you touch the leads to the needles.

lol... hm, thats a good idea... idk... I just took some of the insulation off and hooked up an alligator clamp.... There's nothing wrong with the way I did it...

S

scarface

GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:

why does it matter?
I dont know, but the way to check the tps according to the manual doesnt say check it like that

It doesn't matter.... I don't feel like cutting up 2 wires when I ain't gotta...
holy crap Greg...why would you cut any wires???? you take two needles and push them into the harness plug then you touch the leads to the needles.

lol... hm, thats a good idea... idk... I just took some of the insulation off and hooked up an alligator clamp.... There's nothing wrong with the way I did it...
except the fact that you have a litte bit of exposed wire...either is fine..lol

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:

why does it matter?

well thats where electrical tape comes in... lol

S

scarface

GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:

why does it matter?

then you have ugly electrical tape on there.

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:

why does it matter?

Its a 20 year old rusted out truck... the electrical tape is the least of my worries... lol

S

scarface

GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:
GREG@SN95 said:
scarface said:

why does it matter?

Its a 20 year old rusted out truck... the electrical tape is the least of my worries... lol
lol.... :) gotcha

GDawg

Reaction score
Damn...!

Reply overload!!!

:eek:uttahere:

ryclef331

Reaction score
Ok....if it sometimes has voltage and sometimes not....its either the supplied voltage to the sensor causing the intermittency OR the sensor itself. Test the wire the supplies the voltage to the sensor. If it has 5volts at all times, I'd go ahead and replace the TPS. If not, then your problem lies deeper.

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

ryclef331 said:
Ok....if it sometimes has voltage and sometimes not....its either the supplied voltage to the sensor causing the intermittency OR the sensor itself. Test the wire the supplies the voltage to the sensor. If it has 5volts at all times, I'd go ahead and replace the TPS. If not, then your problem lies deeper.

thanks... will do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online