tps question?

venom97

Reaction score
went to set my tps and noticed that one of the heads of the screws looks like it had been grinded off. went to grab ahold of the tps sensor and the damn thing is wiggling around like crazy. could this cause my car not to pull as hard when im getting on it? i tightened the one screw that was in it so i can get to the parts store to get another bolt,but tps will only go down to 1.230 and i know it needs to be around .95-.99. . the car idles funky and run like shit.i also noticed that the last owner bared the two wires on the iac,any reason for that? thanks

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The reason why is the previous owner prob did that so they could get more adjustment out of it. Try enlongating the holes in the TPS so you can turn it slightly more...you want it around .98 max if its possibly.

What do you mean bared the last two wires?

OP
OP
venom97

venom97

Reaction score
the two wires on the iac valve is what the previous owner probed in to.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Your TPS Voltage needs to be SET within the correct parameters (.96-.98V is usually acceptable). You need to get it tightened down and set. You're giving up some power yes...but driveability even more so.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ok i honestly dont know what this thread is about due to the distraction on the left.

Spyder

Reaction score
yeah no doubt. everytime you post, i never get to reading anything, just watching that little show. im now a firm believer in hypnotizm!

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
should the tps have a fool five vouts at WOT. at closed throtal its a .98 at wide open its at 4.66. any input sorry for jackin your thread.

ryclef331

Reaction score
billmacomber1987 said:
should the tps have a fool five vouts at WOT. at closed throtal its a .98 at wide open its at 4.66. any input sorry for jackin your thread.

it should be close to it. I'm not 100% that its gotta be a full 5. I don't think it does.

wytstang

Reaction score
Again the TPS on the 94/95 are NON ADJUSTABLE they are computer controlled. You can try and move it all you want but as soon as you turn the car back on the computer sets it were it wants it.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard so many ppl say that, and I have read that. But I still dont belive it, I think adjusting it sets the base and it reads off that because I know mine used to be way up there in the 1.06ish range, I slotted my TPS and set it to .96 and now its at .99 and the car runs quite a bit better.

wytstang

Reaction score
Others have tried it and failed due to the computer resetting it. You are on of the few that have "gottin away with it" sorta speak. I remember when the news hit stangnet about slotting the tps to adjust it manually, there were a lot of people let down IIRC.....

ryclef331

Reaction score
wytstang said:
Again the TPS on the 94/95 are NON ADJUSTABLE they are computer controlled. You can try and move it all you want but as soon as you turn the car back on the computer sets it were it wants it.

That may be true BUT you should STILL meter the thing....I had a hanging idle problem and went to check my TPS voltage. Regardless if the computer can or not, I'm pretty sure the 2.46v it was reading with the throttle closed was just a "bit" out of the computer's adjustment range. New TPS set to .98v closed, idled like a champ with a 331 stroker, heads, cam, intake, on a stock tune.

CHECK your TPS voltage at a minimum...shit...set it for that matter. Its proven to work on fox bodies. Regardless of wheter it works on ours, it sure a hell hasn't blown one up. It will take all of a half an hour to do it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online