TPS sensor issue

x182dan

Reaction score
I'm stumped as to what my problem is but here is my issue. At key on engine off tps voltage is at .27v and at WOT its around 2.50v. I've tried everything to fix this and nothing has worked. I tried two new TPS with no success. Tried a new PCM same reading. Tested the ground and its fine, I also checked the wire from the PCM to the TPS and that wire seems to be good. I even took the TPS out of the TB put a screw drivers in the TPS and went as far as it could go and it still wasn't nearly where it should be. My car has the CEL come on after about 15mins of driving and one of the codes that comes up is TPS low voltage. Is there another sensor on the car that could cause this issue? My car doesn't idle perfectly 100% of the time either. I cleaned the IAC and it helped a lot but its still not 100% how I'd like it. Any ideas? I've posted on a couple other forums with no success
Thanks Dan

mark8796

Reaction score
when u say "wiring from tps to pcm seemed to be good", what do u mean? i have an electrical problem right now myself, so i don't want to sound like a know-it-all...cuz i'm not lol. did u check the wiring from tps sens to pcm for continuity, short to ground, and short(s) between the wires (if more than 1)? just a thought. let me know. cool.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Did you put it on wrong there should alway be a 4 volt movement.you should put it on then have to twist it to make the bolt holes line up. It sound like the twister thing is on the wrong side of the bar in the thottle body.

OP
OP
X

x182dan

Reaction score
I checked all the wires for continuity. All of them checked out good. I know the tps is good I replaced it twice. I pulled the tps with the harness attached to it and went as far as the sensor would rotate with a screw driver and it only went to about 2.50v. I'm fairly confident that the wiring is fine I've checked and rechecked everywire. I am getting a code for EGR not opening but that shouldn't effect tps voltage should it? I replaced the egr sensor but that didn't help any so I guess the egr itself is bad.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Check for volt signal on the wires from the harness if you have your 5 volts then it is improper install like I was saying before its very common.

OP
OP
X

x182dan

Reaction score
one wire is supposed to have 5volts, ones a ground, and one is your ref. voltage. There no adjustment at all on the stock TPS at all so its not improperly installed. I'm trying not to sound like I know everything here but I've tried about everything related the to the wiring on the tps issue. What I really would like to know is if a sensor on the same circuit is bad then will it affect tps voltage? I am getting code 332 which is egr not opening, I think it could be related to the nasty exhaust leak I have but I'm not sure.
Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online