TR3650 with coyote

solis

Reaction score
would a stock 3650 hold up well with a coyote?

What the best year?

07GtS197

Reaction score
It depends on if youre going to power shift it or not. I wouldnt worry about the power though as many people run them with boosted motors. Im not sure there really was a best year though.

If you plan on drag racing I suggest you look into a t56.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
It depends on if youre going to power shift it or not. I wouldnt worry about the power though as many people run them with boosted motors. Im not sure there really was a best year though.

If you plan on drag racing I suggest you look into a t56.

its mostly daily driver/auto cross build, i guess i can always build the 3650 later when i have more funds.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I'd look for the later (03/04) versions. They have a steeper OD. It'll knock a couple hundred RPM off on the freeway so you can run slightly steeper gears to help in the corners.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
I'd look for the later (03/04) versions. They have a steeper OD. It'll knock a couple hundred RPM off on the freeway so you can run slightly steeper gears to help in the corners.

cool where i'm buying the engine they have one, is there a certain Tag number i need to look for?

01yellercobra

Reaction score
cool where i'm buying the engine they have one, is there a certain Tag number i need to look for?

I couldn't tell you what to look for. Sorry. I've been out of the 5 speed game for a long time.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
6 months later.
I am undecided on the topic as well. I will run the t45 until it blows but High rpm shifting capabilities isnt what the 3650 is known for and that worries me. Also they are slowly discontinuing parts for it. The next option is a t56 but those arent cheap .... there seems to be no in between. The TKO option is just as expensive as a t56.

What did you end up deciding?

01yellercobra

Reaction score
6 months later.
I am undecided on the topic as well. I will run the t45 until it blows but High rpm shifting capabilities isnt what the 3650 is known for and that worries me. Also they are slowly discontinuing parts for it. The next option is a t56 but those arent cheap .... there seems to be no in between. The TKO option is just as expensive as a t56.

What did you end up deciding?

You also have to take into account what's needed for each trans to handle whatever power you're throwing at it. The T-56 is expensive out of the box, but can handle decent power in stock form. Usually the T-45 and 3650 need work. Granted I ran a bone stock 3650 behind a blown big bore stroker and it lived. But I was nice to that trans. No clutch dumps, no power shifting, etc. Plus I like the gear spacing in the T-56 better than the 5 speeds. It's easier to drive with the 6 speeds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online