Traction control opinions

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
In my searching for a '99-04 I have noticed some have traction control. Is this a viable option to have? I'm assuming one with the traction control option adds money to the purchase price.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It can be a nice feature for most "common" people to have, but as car enthusiasts, we don't like traction control. I have mine permanently disabled in the tune.

GT3FC

Reaction score
the first thing I do after starting my car is hit the button to turn off traction control in my 02 GT its just become habit

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, you guys with your fancy non base models. I don't even have ABS, ok sometimes that kinda sucks lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ain't nobody got time for abs and traction control.

Unless you're driving in white shit, no need for traction control

the.greg

Reaction score
Is it really that poor of a traction control system found on some new edges?

Like does it not function well say in the rain or adverse weather? Or are all yall just disabling it because you enjoy spirited driving?

I've driven a c5 corvette with their active handling system and it worked really well and was a nice "safety net". I recently test drove a HCI CTSV I was looking at buying, and the active handling was disabled in the tune which I would have liked to have for bad weather days. The active handling system gm uses will give you some freedom to kick the back end out even, but still activate the brakes to help the front stay pointed forward.

Sinned83

Reaction score
the first thing I do after starting my car is hit the button to turn off traction control in my 02 GT its just become habit
^This
traction control is BS. Stupid button has to be pressed so I can light em up and bark gears.

redriderjf87

Reaction score

Ha I was thinking the exact same thing. I need to have it turned off in my tune. Ideally I'd like to have it still turned on, but default to turned off when I start the car. Not sure if that's doable though in the tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online