traction is still a problem

94pacecar435

Reaction score
i taught the nitto 275-40-17 drag radials would make a difference. i barely installed them and instead of burning out 1-4 i burn out 1-3. any suggestions on suspension work to help me get out of the hole better??

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
first off, what gears are you running? The nittos need to be heated up alot to get traction if your pushing as much power as i think you are. Look into some full length sub frame connectors, drag launch kit and some ET Streets.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmmm this makes me wonder about the nittos ??? I have 18inch BFG DR's on my Cobra and they hook very well...........and thats with my 4:30 gears

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
no matter what i do i cant grab traction.i have to half throttle every single gear to grab traction.if i take 1/4 throttle and than punch it 2nd i will spin the shit out of the tires and it isnt much better in 3rd. i already got subframe connectors.im going to install a powerpipe, and need something in the suspension to make it hook. will rear LCAS make a difference??? it looks like everybody loves MM stuff so i was thinking some of those , but what else can i use???i also heat the nitto tires pretty good and nothing??? i was also thinking of getting some spare 15x 8 wheels with some MT 275 60 15s will they hook better because of the bigger sidewall???? thoughts??

ryclef331

Reaction score
Mickey Thompsons will hook better b/c well...they're Mickey Thompsons. Don't expect to get a lot of miles out of them though. If you're running stock control arms, switching to an aftermarket of some sort will help quite a bit. There is ALOT of deflection in the stamped stockers and rubber bushings. Get some good upper and lowers and you can lose the quad shocks when you do this as well. You can't expect miracles on the street or a shitty prepped track though....

G_94_T

Reaction score
ET Streets or M/T new drag radial.....either will solve your problem

Julian Moore

Reaction score
I ran consisten 1.8 60 foot times with 17 inch NIttos all day. The trick is they like to be hot and run them at about 13-14psi. I used to drop the car at 4600K on the nitrous and run those times..so I know they hook...just play around with the air pressure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online