TRADE OR SELL MY CAR FOR 94-98 mustang GT

FrankenStang

Reaction score
well, heres a copy of my add off of craigslist..if you need any extra info just ask...i live in S.E Wisconsin and am willing todo a little bit of driving..
Im looking to sell my car for !!!!!!!2500 ONLY PRICE LOWERED FOR QUICK SALE!!!! or trade it for a v8 mustang, must run as well as my car...My car is a 1997 cougar xr7 sport and it has a built 98 GT engine with around 100K,odemeter reads 281k, trans was rebuilt 30K ago 4.6L ohc and 4r70W transmission..car has a clean title,insured and is daily driven and i do take it on road trips regularly,NEEDS NOTHING..never wrecked or crashed!
Upgrades and mods are:pORTED typhoon manifold, bbk 75mm throttlebody, matching plenum and 1in plenum spacer,24lb injectors,80mm cobra mafs, PI cam swap with new springs,2002 mustang GT intake,superchips 1725 tuner,2.5in dual exhaust with Xpipe and noname mufflers,MSD coilpacks and quad tip platinum plugs with new wires, J mod tranmission ,180 degree thermostat ,17in cobra replica rims,thunderbird SC body kit, 3in fiberglass VFN cowl hood,custom decals,painted calipers with slotted front rotors and ceramic pads,detailed engine,leather supercoupe interior, cd player, 2 amps, 12in subs, interiors and custom glow guages
The car needs nothing, since this spring ive put in new/rebuilt injectors,sparkplugs,sparkwires,mafs,tps,iac, upstream o2 sensors, fuelfilter,rear struts.front right strut/shock and tierod end and alingment(had WHOLE front end rebuilt last year but i hit a racoon hense the recent fix up on right side), 2 new front tires and rears are 85%,oil change with synthetic and k&n oilfilter, i know all this about this car becuase ive built this car and put on all the parts my self or paid to have it done and was prsent while it got done..... im selling it for 2500 firm only to get the car i wanna build now or trade it for that car.... WILL SELL FOR 2500 ONLY, cant find much better than this for that price!!!!!no B.S about this car,all it needs is a outside doorhandle..no rust,major dents,hidden problems, prior accidents NOTHING...feel free to look the car over and ask what ever ud like..
car200261-1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

011111111111111111111111111111111003-1.jpg

011111111111111111111111111111111008-1.jpg

011111111111111111111111111111111002-1.jpg

7.jpg

011111111111111111111111111111111007-1.jpg

011111111111111111111111111111111006-1.jpg

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
NO sir...i still have it..ave only been offered lowball offers...lol someguy came with 1800 cash and waved it in my face like it was going to make me take it..lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the whole car was one color you would have better luck IMO, just saying.....and your also trying to move a car that only a certain person will be interested in.

You need a pretty specific buyer and the wild paintjob doesnt go well on what should be a classy mustang.

Just my .02

GLWS bro

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
yaaaaa i know...i created a monster...hesne my loggin name FrankenStang...funny thing is if i had 2500 2 years ago and seen this car id have jumped all over it...BUT...things change..do you think 2500 is too much for this car as it sits? and yaaa maby its time togo to macco..the 2 tone is not popular by anymeans it was just easy when i was putting on the bodyparts and stuff..i used black parts or painted them black so that i didnt have a red car,with a black hood, and blue side skirts with peeling chrome wheels...hahahaha owell..worked with what i had i just hope i dont get stuck with this car or i WILL save up and buy a mustang with a blown motor and just drop this one init and sell off all my bodyparts on a cougar/thunderbird forum ( where im not liked becuase i did stuff people said couldnt be done,and mad at me for proving them wrong)..hehe tccoa

UPDATE...installed 24lb injectors,msd coilpacks, and COMPCAM stage 1 cams....

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
heres a new pic after the cams, msd's put back on and the 24lb injectors...and i added a heatsheild so i dont get anymore shit about a "hotair intake" even though i had a ram running under the bumper to funnel air in..
0001-1.jpg

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the car was all black I feel like you could find a cougar enthusiast that would pick it up but like I said, the two tone and all just doesnt flow that well with that car and probably throws off 9/10 cougar purists that probably want the thing to appear stock.

Your best bet might be to get the whole car resprayed by maaco....

I dont think the price is that bad at all considering the work you have put under the hood....respray it all black and you could probably find a buyer.

Sounds like you have a nice little powerplant in there.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
its got some power no doubt but the stock 327 and npi heads kind of hold her back...plus i dont have a custom tune yet either which im shur could net me some more HP and better driveability...although she drives amazing for all the mods done to it w/o a custom tune...gotta love the adaptive ecu's...
and btw justin, taht blue on your car looks fricken awsome...but im kinda limited to black or my stock lazerred color..but that lazer red is EXPENISIVE! stoopid special ford colors...

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
ille try and get a vid up soon so you guys can hear how she sounds..sounds pretty nice considering i dont have any flowmasters or borla's or any NOISE making " muffler" on...hehe i actually have mufflers on it..Sounded like a nascar with flow 44's. Strait pipe i was lucky to make it down the street w/o getting pulled over...hahah would rattle windows 20 ft away at idle...i ripped down a busy city street in milwaukee and set off like 10 car alarms on the way home one nigt befor i got the mufflers setup...

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
hahah wish i could have one..my wife would never allow me to get one, plus i dont think id allow my own self to ride one...im the dumb ass ud see doing wheelies down the freeway ( but i got bad luck sooooo )... but anyways, im hoping this cars going to be gone by the end of the week..had 2 guys come and look at it and both happy to pay the price..BUT talk is cheap so we will see..but one guy did drive 1 1/2 hours just to test drive it and look it over and boy did he ever look it over..hahaha even knoticed a missing screw on a inner pannel on the bottom of the door jam( the piece where you step onto) ..good eye on that guy but he still very much liked it sooo we will see...if sold theres alot of mustangs around here for under 3k that i like..hehe even a 95 droptop v6 with an eaton swap and side pipe exhaust like the old vettes..looks swwet and its sonic blue!

Reaction score
watch some of them around here though i found a lot of junk. and verts are lame at least to me i dislike them. just dont get an autotragic get a stick.

Bub

Reaction score
should've taken $1800 IMHO, might be better off parting this out if your looking for $2500 def a great collection of parts, solid car built motor etc problem is as noted it's very specific, either way GLWS, i'm tired of seeing it on CL too :)

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
it wouldnt be showing so much if fuckers wouldnt keep flagging it...i have no problems selling parts on therebut i cant keep my add up fro more than a day....ive kinda considered parting it out...im shur i could get atleast 1000 just from parts off my engine..then i have the rest of the car, rotatiing assembly,trans ect....only issue is im currently living in apartments and been on the list for a garage for over a year now..im shur if i had a garage shed be stripped....i do have some good parts on her!

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
watch some of them around here though i found a lot of junk. and verts are lame at least to me i dislike them. just dont get an autotragic get a stick.

i act like auto's better...nice and lazy and i honestly think a built auto will womp a manual anyday and be wayyyy more consistant..BUTTT with a manual i know the wife will never drive it ;)