Trailer Safety

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I saw it duffman I was just making a funny at Chris. My long ass comment is up the page a bit lol

Caboose that's a pretty long setup man. But you'll get used to it after awhile

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wow. you never really think of it until it happens, ya know? that poor woman.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I saw it duffman I was just making a funny at Chris. My long ass comment is up the page a bit lol

Caboose that's a pretty long setup man. But you'll get used to it after awhile

We used to have a F450 to tow it and it wasn't bad at all. Had plenty of power. Then they took it away. :(
You'd think a 750 would be able to pull it but I lose mph just going up a hill. We pulled into a truck stop on the way back and it's about 5 ft shorter than a tractor trailer, lol. And I don't need a CDL.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
We used to have a F450 to tow it and it wasn't bad at all. Had plenty of power. Then they took it away. :(
You'd think a 750 would be able to pull it but I lose mph just going up a hill. We pulled into a truck stop on the way back and it's about 5 ft shorter than a tractor trailer, lol. And I don't need a CDL.

The big Fords suck ass power wise. I know that from personal experience. They barely get up hills by themselves much less towing lol. The 7.0 gasser in the big ass box truck I had to drive was such a pile. My old man and I replaced every single vacuum line, did plugs and wires, replaced all the belts, air filters... Dude everything. And still could not get out of it's own way! So I feel your pain.

And I pulled a 32' 5th wheel (the 32' did not include tongue) with a crew cab long bed F350 7.3 and jeez THAT thing was long. I pulled it through downtown Columbus and backed it into a single parking spot... Good times... I feel your pain brotha

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'm not sure what diesel this one has as it wasn't my truck until they took the 450 away. But that 6.8 would tow this trailer like it wasn't even there.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Yeah Monday I'll look and see which one. But it has no ass. I guess it doesn't help that the bed is full of crap too so it might be at about its load limit.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
But that 6.8 would tow this trailer like it wasn't even there.

I'm in love with the 6.8L. I had to use my F350 to pull the ranger out when I got it stuck behind my warehouse, next to the railroad tracks, on about a 20% incline, in close to a foot of snow. (Yeah, it didn't look that deep until I pulled in the drive back there and found out otherwise. :deeplist:) Anyway, I hooked it up with a chain, put the F350 in 4L and it crept right up out of there like it was nothing.

Slipperman

Reaction score
...Anyway, I hooked it up with a chain, put the F350 in 4L and it crept right up out of there like it was nothing.
Like Eric Clapton said "it's in the way that you use it".
For a few years I towed a 2300 lb pop-up trailer with an '89 Isuzu Trooper all over Northern California.
Loaded up with the kids and gear, I'm pretty sure It was over loaded.
Even though it only had a four banger, 4:56 gears and old-school 4WD made it OK to live with.
I installed my own towing package along with a transmission cooler. I later gave it to my son to drive and it survived well over 100K Miles.
My son took it to the Ozarks with his buddy one (very) early spring. I'm sure there are stories I won't hear for a few years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online