tranny for 393 stroker

Stangbangin

Reaction score
A few weeks back I acquired a 351 block and started my 351 build. during the process it went from being a pretty stout 351 to being a beastly 39(not quite sure how that happened) Now that I have the short block assembled and the trick flow lower just arrived. Earlier this past week my tranny took a dump and I had to replace it with my spare t5 in my garage. I was wondering what transmission is going to be able to hold my 393 when we get it in the car. Come tax time I was wanting to add a blower also. so am I stuck with having to get a c4 built or am I gonna have to save up for a t56?

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I don't know anything about auto tranny's? does anyone know about the c4 like drive ratio's and how much hp they can handle?

G

GREG@SN95

Stangbangin said:
I don't know anything about auto tranny's? does anyone know about the c4 like drive ratio's and how much hp they can handle?

c4 is the most common auto tranny used for racing...

fords best auto...

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
All depends on how streetable you want it to be . . If you drive on the street/freeway a lot, stick with a TKO 600.

However . . ..

If you are certifiably insane (like I am) and you like blowing the tires off at will . . get a nice C4 with a nice converter (3000 or higher). You won't have overdrive, but you don't really need overdrive when you're sideways.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
All depends on how streetable you want it to be . . If you drive on the street/freeway a lot, stick with a TKO 600.

However . . ..

If you are certifiably insane (like I am) and you like blowing the tires off at will . . get a nice C4 with a nice converter (3000 or higher). You won't have overdrive, but you don't really need overdrive when you're sideways.

C4 vote without a dobut

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online