Tranny help

916_5.0

Reaction score
Ok, so my car all of the sudden doesn't like to go into gear. No fluid leaks no noises before. Pulled into a parking lot and it will not go into gear. It is making a really odd rattling noise in any gear at idle. Kinda hard to shift its a little rough. And when I slow down in gear it will make a really nasy kinda screach.

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
I think my clutch is fine i havent smelt it burning or anything and i drove it a little today. I went a shifted through the gears when it was parked and turned off and it felt fine, an then drove around my block a little bit and it would start getting hard to get into gears then it did the thing again where it would go in any gears so i just went home after i got it in finally. so i dont know a couple of my buddies said they think its the throw out bearing so hopefully thats it its a pretty easy fix right? I was wondering also could something have broken on my shifter to where it may not be letting me shift?

Downshift

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
I think my clutch is fine i havent smelt it burning or anything and i drove it a little today. I went a shifted through the gears when it was parked and turned off and it felt fine, an then drove around my block a little bit and it would start getting hard to get into gears then it did the thing again where it would go in any gears so i just went home after i got it in finally. so i dont know a couple of my buddies said they think its the throw out bearing so hopefully thats it its a pretty easy fix right? I was wondering also could something have broken on my shifter to where it may not be letting me shift?

Go outside and pull your shifter off its four bolts. If you dont I will. Im telling you man I would almost put money on throw out bearing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online