Tranny Oil?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering when it is "time" to change the tranny fluid in my cobra...? about how many miles apart should you do it?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hm... ive owned it for about 25000 miles.. maybe i should do it now because there is no telling when the previous owner did it... i should have done all this when i first got it.. i tried to tell my dad but... w/e.

97blackgt

Reaction score
At 25000 your safe and your oil should be pretty clean. For the price of three quarts of ATF u might as well change it anyways :drunk:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I changed my transmission fluid in my mustang every two years or twenty thousand
miles whatever came first.It's a good rule of thumb!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
hm... ive owned it for about 25000 miles.. maybe i should do it now because there is no telling when the previous owner did it... i should have done all this when i first got it.. i tried to tell my dad but... w/e.

i try to talk to my dad about doin stuff like this and yeah i get the same thing, to much alike

Pennywise2

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

i try to talk to my dad about doin stuff like this and yeah i get the same thing, to much alike
You really should flush and refill your transmission fluid when the fluid turns to a really dark color or black color. You can always check it though.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
my dad wont even let me touch my car. he told me once i couldnt change my spark plugs cuz he was scared i was gunna break them, i was like are you serious right now? he wont let me change my oil, usually he gives me the oil but now hes just like nope and i owe him so much money for my motor and i just got another like 400 added on for inspection and getting new tie-rods installed cuz if i didnt it wouldnt pass inspection. and all this other shit and i dont have spare cash... its retarded. i just got my new motor and everyone suggests doing it every like 1500-2000 miles the first time to 2nd time and hes like nope 3000 miles is what the shop said blah blah blah and he wont let me take it to any other place to get work done to it cuz its still in his name and all and he wont let my friends help me work on my car who have built motors and worked on plenty of cars, but they "are professionals" so.... yeah thats my little rant, i feel better now lo

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I build an engine, break in oil comes out at 1000 miles. After that every 2,000-2,500 miles.

If you are waiting till your trans oil is dark or black in color damage has already occured. I have my transmission flushed in my Windstar vevery time I take it in for a state inspection. On standard transmissions it is not as critical but needs to be done. I agree with the 2 years 24,000 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online