Tranny Questions (Fluids)

MidnightGT

Reaction score
Hey wats good everybody i'm a newb here and to the mustang world, i stared off in the car world in the import scene but afta racing a few mustangs with my 2nd gen rx-7 and getting taken i said bump dat i wanna FIVE.O so i sold the rx-7 and bought me a 95 GT with a 5speed the car only needed a clutch and dats its so i did the clutch swap and i got scared when i drained the tranny i saw ATF i flipped not knowing dat they use dat stuff so i went and did the clutch swap and then added lucas gear oil cuz dats wat i used in the past, then a couple weeks later i was going through my owners manual when i came across the fluids section and read dat it does take the atf :help2: so my question is wat should i do, should i leave the car like dat or should i drain the tranny and add the proper fluids and if so wat kind should i run if n e body could help me out it would be great

fast5oh

Reaction score
the fluid you put in it fine it will work fine for you. yes from ford they put in ATF mercon but i am running mobil 1 full synthetic right now and its awesome. way better then the atf i thought.

ryclef331

Reaction score
You should be fine. I run a mix of mobil one synthetic and g-force fluid...its MUCH thicker than ATF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.