Trans Mount WTF?

NERD

Reaction score
So my Trans mount broke a few months ago and I decided finaly fix it before I leave for california tomorrow. Well the trans mount I took off was not the same as the one I bought. Every part number I can find is a 2784 last four. Which mean its the same part just different distibutors. My original mount has off centered studs and the new part is linear along the same line. Any one know where I can find this mount? Or is there a way to mod this new one?

Please Help

959EC1DC67494CBFB3E81627DB661D64.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you try asking Randy over on Modular Depot (Ford Parts Forum)
Did you buy stock replacements or poly's?

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
No I didn't check MD. I bought the stock replacement. A buddy of mine posted on another forum that I might have a cobra trans mount. Although all the auto parts stores in the area all show the same part# for trans mounts (cobra&GT). I don't trust the validity of auto parts store since I work at one (advance). Thanks

Mike

smasher41

Reaction score
let me guess.. 1998 gt right?

its one of those "bastard year" things ford did.

I picked one up at a nearby ford dealership for $33, just make sure you specify its 1998 gt.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Gotta love those messed up 98's...wait, I own one......forget I ever said that :nonono:

jareds98gt

Reaction score
i ran into the same problem!! i had to go to ford!! has anyone made a polyurthane tranny mount??

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
It;s actually a 96GT vert A friend on the other forums told me that its one of those after lunch car that they just messed up on and put a cobra x-member on.

but who knows it might be totaly diff when I get it.! Right now I am actually sitting in a hotel room in utah on my way to cali! No problems yet with the broken mount! Jinx... Ill let you guys know when I get to cali and try and fix it there!

thANKS

Mike

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
So I went to a Dealership and ordered one. They even printed out a pic from a TM. It seems that all the part stores are just wrong about what part is needed. Ford says there is only one Trans mount for a 96-98 manual trans and thats the part # that ends in 6068. thanks for the help everyone.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online