Trans swap gone bad

RIFTER11

Reaction score
hey guys - got a question. :-\ i just replaced the T45 in my car because it was popping out of reverse. the new T45 that i bought must have been out of a newer car because it uses a magnet and tone ring for the speedo sensor :dunno:, whereas my 1998 T45 used a electric sensor and a gear. the guy didn't include the speedo sensor, so i am stuck in the shop :rant:. does anyone know if it is a straight swap for the newer sensor??? the geared sensor in my car has a 2-pin electrical connector. any info that you can give would be great. thanks!

OP
OP
R

RIFTER11

Reaction score
I talked to the guys at D & D performance and they said that all I have to do is switch the tailshaft housings, and replace the tone ring with my old nylon speedo gear. has anyone done this before??? they said that it is pretty straight forward, but i can't find a break down of the trans anywhere. something about a roll pin and a couple of snap rings. any pics or prior experience would be awesome.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
get that tail housing off... the rest shouild be just looking and pulling... ive never gone into one, but tahts what i would do. Maybe pull your old one off first and get used to it, then go for the new one... GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson