transmission filter

stang94X

Reaction score
its about that time to change some fluid and put a new tranny filter in my little ol' automatic, every one i've talk to said not to use a fram filter for anything, so what brand is good or will one from a regular auto part store work good

mystang94

Reaction score
go to a reputable trans shop and buy one from them best bet.

OP
OP
S

stang94X

Reaction score
i figured a tranny shop would just have oem replacements from a regular auto store

mystang94

Reaction score
ive ran a stock filter in my c4 the whole time and never had any problems.

fixthedoor

Reaction score
Curious...I don't use Fram filters, but I have not heard anything bad about them. What is bad about their filters?

I suggest going to the dealer and picking up what they have. If you are concerned about quality, that will be your best bet.

Are you going to replace it yourself?

OP
OP
S

stang94X

Reaction score
everyone that i have talked to said that fram filters suck at filtering, i actually read a post somewhere on here about people talking about fram oil filters and most of them said not to use them and i read a writeup that compared filters and fram was the worse and made out of this thin cardbaord based material, so if they make that bad of a oil filter, i going to stay away from their tranny filter, summit racing doesnt sell any filter besides fram so i probably will make my way to the dealer and use whatever comes stock, and yes, of course i'm going to do it myself

fixthedoor

Reaction score
haha. I see.
If you have a stock pan it's gonna be messy. And make sure the ring seal (orange) comes out of the valve body along with the filter.
Did you consider getting an aftermarket pan?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.